Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Difference between Offset and Back Spacing?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Difference between Offset and Back Spacing?

Excuse my ignorance but what's the difference? Im trying to find rims to run some 285/70/17 BFG A/T's and need to know what to look for. I want the LEAST amount of tire sticking out past the fenders.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
MyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Timmer, thanks for the info. Yes on the stock arms. I will be running some pro-comps with 4.750 back spacing.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
MyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
with that back spacing you will be hanging out some

I've heard that some guys are running stock wheels with a billet spacer
which has solved the UCA rub problem.

the other problems are with the pinch weld

goto http://www.expeditionswest.com/equip...bfg_mt_km.html

scroll down and youll see what In talking about.

you likely need to trim some plastic from the front fenderwell and lose the front mud flaps to stop rubbing there.
Yeah just a bit i think. Couldnt find any rims I liked with 5" BS. Thanks for the article...good read.