1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Suggestions, will be much appreciated.

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Jeremy92, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Jan 10, 2011 at 5:35 PM
    Jeremy92

Jeremy92 [OP] Tennessee Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Smyrna, TN
    Vehicle:
    08 AC SR5 Prerunner Impulse Red
    Billies on all the way around, w/ Eibach Coils, w/ rear TSB. Brush Guard. Tail Light Guards.Window Rain Deflectors. 35% tint on side windows. Satoshi Grill(thanks TacoAlaMode). Fog Light Mod (thanks lifesaflaw123). 17x9 XD addicts wrapped in Kumho SAT Kl 61's 265/70/17.More to come!!!
    I need new tires, I'm going to be getting 17x9 Black KMC XD Addicts, and will need new tires to wrap them in. I don't know much as far as which brands are the best for what, so any advice will be helpful. I will be driving 95% on-road, dealing with mostly rain and an occasional snow/ice event, and if any offroading ( which i haven't done any yet ) it will just be the baby trials being i have a 2wd prerunner. Any suggestions will be great
    Thank You

2. Jan 10, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    well i would have thought you would have a frontier coming from Nissan town! :) lol j/k

3. Jan 10, 2011 at 6:34 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Michelins (I think LTX) great on road tire and would still perform well on 'baby' off road trails. Yokohama Geolander AT if you want something a little more aggressive looking but still mild mannered on the road. Cooper Discoverer HT are excellent on the road and do very well in the wet and snow. They'll do OK for light off roading but they're a road tire first. I've got the Cooper Discovery ATR and they're a similar tread pattern to the HTR, just deeper lugs and more open pattern. They're not too noisy on the road and have great traction in all conditions. They'd do pretty well off the pavement also.

4. Jan 10, 2011 at 6:37 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    seriously i would say the michelin ltx a/t2 would make an excellent tire for what your needing!

5. Jan 10, 2011 at 6:43 PM
    rcfreak201

rcfreak201 Well-Known Member

Member:
    toyo open country ATs or the Nitto ATs
    i have the toyos and they are great so far, but gonna upgrade to some generals this summer :D

6. Jan 10, 2011 at 6:55 PM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Nitto Terra Grappler are great looking and performing tire, quiet. Yoko Geo AT mentioned earlier are good. Sounds like all-terrain (AT) is your best bet: quiet, typically good in wet, smooth, and acceptable for light to moderate off roading. Make sure you get C load rating unless you do heavy hauling. I've see A lotta guys on here end up with E load (10 ply rated) and the heavy weight kills mpgs. The Michelin LTX are superb tire, but boring looks and hella-high-$!

Products Discussed in

To Top