Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Fender Flares

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
tacomagirl_09 is on a distinguished road
tacomagirl_09's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Fender Flares

Today my tacoma didnt pass safety inspection because my tires are too wide.. They told me to go get fender flares. I measured from the wheel well to the edge of my tire and that is 7" inches! Those are going to be some long fender flares and it's going to look gay!! What should I do? i love my rims and my bf goodrich mud terrain tires! Should i get the stupid fender flares so i dont get pulled over and fined or is there any other alternatives?
Old 08-25-2008, 11:07 PM   #2
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
Get some cheap flares just so you can pass inspection and then take them off. Closet them until your next inspection.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
check out some bushwacker fender flares.......they look really good. or.......do what swwacoma said and get a cheap set just for inspections. by the way....welcome to tw!!
Old 08-25-2008, 11:10 PM   #4
and where might i get cheap ones?
Old 08-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to the forum!

Try here

Bushwacker Fender Flares - Cut-Out

Old 08-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomagirl_09 View Post
and where might i get cheap ones?
for cheap....try ebay.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:12 PM   #7
do they make them 7" wide? thats a lot of tire to cover
Old 08-25-2008, 11:14 PM   #8

Quote:
do they make them 7" wide? thats a lot of tire to cover
it would be close enough for the leo not to notice it or pay any attention to it.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #9
i wont have to drill into the side of my taco will i? how exactly do they put them on?
Old 08-25-2008, 11:18 PM   #10
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i wont have to drill into the side of my taco will i? how exactly do they put them on?
Cut-Out Fender Flares install using set-screws or factory bolt locations -some drilling or cutting may be necessary depending on your specific vehicle
Old 08-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #11

Quote:
thats gonna be the drawback.....drilling is required. here is the instruction sheet for the bushwacker cut out style flare.

http://www.bushwacker.com/Instructions/31919a.pdf
Old 08-26-2008, 12:02 AM   #12
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

Couldn't she use double sided tape. Or glue magnets on the fender flares. Pull up near the station, put them on. After passing inspection, get out of their line of site & remove them.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:04 AM   #13
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck!

I can't believe they are nit picking you on tire size.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:05 AM   #14
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Couldn't she use double sided tape. Or glue magnets on the fender flares. Pull up near the station, put them on. After passing inspection, get out of their line of site & remove them.
Exactly what I was thinking. Double sided tape can work wonders.

I don't, however, know much about fender flares and what would be considered cheap. Go to Walmart and make your own, lol. Creativity at its best.

Welcome to the board, btw.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #15
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
Quote:
Today my tacoma didnt pass safety inspection because my tires are too wide.
what do u have to pass an inspection for?
Old 09-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #16
Doomsday Squad

Certain states require inspections every x amount of years to make sure your car falls with in certain predetermined criteria. Guess its meant to keep the roads safe and such.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you are happy with the way your truck looks, screw the flares. Borrow a set of stock wheels and tires from a nearby member, go get inspected, pass, put the larger ones back on.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #18
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If you are happy with the way your truck looks, screw the flares. Borrow a set of stock wheels and tires from a nearby member, go get inspected, pass, put the larger ones back on.
x2
Old 09-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #19
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
+++My thoughts exactly!
Old 09-02-2008, 03:31 PM   #20
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, F the man

Products Discussed in this Thread