Se7en's build is what I used to build mine. Obviously, because:
1. His Tacoma is a black double cab.
2. He used KMC XD Monsters (I original could not see getting black rims - then bam it hit me - It took alot of looking and soul searching)
3. He used a Copper Zeon (A tire a was seriously considering) In the end I had to change to the BFG due to clearance, as I wanted the tires under the fenders)
4. He had the Bed Cover I wanted. However, I ended up going with Tonno Pro.
5. He ended up lifting the truck. I will as well. Likely, will use the coils/shock option and skip the spacers/block.
Se7en - I appreciate you chiming in here and glad you make yourself available to help clear up issues for people here on TW.
I understand the anxiety people have about making these decisions. It's money, it's an issue of buyers remorse of not liking it after, and wondering if all the components work together.
Personally, I spent 4 months looking, researching on TW, and pricing. So, I wanted give everyone here pics, pricing, and my opinion. I hope it helps you be less anxious and more confident in your decision.
In the end, you will have to make the decision w/o perfect information - that is why I recommend you take it a reputable wheel and tire place. I used Discount Tire
and was pleased. I asked them the questions about "what if it doesn't work" and they were willing to work with me and didn't treat me like a lamb to be fleeced. They did some leg work for me calling around to see what would work and then got right on the price in a hurry.
Originally Posted by se7en
Not necessarily. See, mine are -12mm offset, but the OP's are +18mm...and we BOTH still rub...just in different places. His rubs on the fender and the UCA and mine rubbed on the fender and stuck out past the fender well about 2". It just depends on what look you want.