Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What size tires, what size wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
Scroats Ma Goats
Korydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Staff Sergeant
Name: Kory
Korydel's Tacoma Gallery
What size tires, what size wheels?

Just got a new 2011 Tacoma Dbl Cab. The first thing I want to do is get new tires and wheels. Whats the best combo, 265/65 17 or 265/70 16, or is there an even better option? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. I was also thinking about general AT2 grabbers, any info on those tires.

V/R
Ssgt Delehanty
Old 01-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
I think both tire sizes are the same except one tire has a bigger hole in the middle than the other
Old 01-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
Scroats Ma Goats
Korydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Korydel's Tacoma Gallery
I know that, just wodering whats the better option. Also how big can you go with the tire on a 17in wheel.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
265 70 17
Old 01-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #6
Nightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Nick
Nightwar's Tacoma Gallery
I just put 265/75/16s on my '11 Friday and they fit great. There is a thread in here some where that explains the sizes. I think with stock suspension 265 is it, on the width.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #7
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwar View Post
I just put 265/75/16s on my '11 Friday and they fit great. There is a thread in here some where that explains the sizes. I think with stock suspension 265 is it, on the width.
Agreed. This is the biggest you would want to go without a lift.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
Scroats Ma Goats

Korydel's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #9
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quick and simple

1. Paint the stock rims, then you dont have to mess with the TPMS
heres how i did mine:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...rims-easy.html

2. Goodyear Duratracs 265/75R16
Old 01-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #10
marcmittelsteadt is on a distinguished road
Name: Marc
marcmittelsteadt's Tacoma Gallery
I love how everyone wants to stuff the biggest tire they can fit under there rig, not re gear, and than a week later complain about poor gas mileage. Hilarious!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:44 AM   #12
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
Id stick to 16s if you can. The tires for a 16" wheel are generally cheaper. Also, diameter and width options are about the same for both.
So true! My 265/50/20's are $700 for 4 tires.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 AM   #14
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
stick with 16s and get general at2's for best bang for your buck. duratracs are great if you have extra cash.

x2 on worse mpg lol.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #15
Scroats Ma Goats

Korydel's Tacoma Gallery
Just got some general at2's. They get thrown on friday, can't wait. Thanks guys.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #16
desmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: State Trooper
Name: Dave
desmo2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
Id stick to 16s if you can. The tires for a 16" wheel are generally cheaper. Also, diameter and width options are about the same for both.
My '11 TRD Sport came with 17's. If I intend to upgrade wheels anyway, you are saying I should go with 16-inchers?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #17
juve777 is on a distinguished road
Name: Juvenal
juve777's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korydel View Post
Just got a new 2011 Tacoma Dbl Cab. The first thing I want to do is get new tires and wheels. Whats the best combo, 265/65 17 or 265/70 16, or is there an even better option? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. I was also thinking about general AT2 grabbers, any info on those tires.

V/R
Ssgt Delehanty
i have a 2011 tacoma and it comes with 16rims... i did 2657516 and no rub and it gives it a nice full look... my next project is some rims black pro comp
and i went with REVO 2 BRIDGESTONE