Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TRD Beadlock Bronze Wheels - Paint them

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
spikele is on a distinguished road
spikele's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Beadlock Bronze Wheels - Paint them

The dealerships in my area are having a hard time ordering them in black.

If I ordered the bronze. How would I would I need to go about painting them? Will I need to coat them in something before I paint them in black?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
imho, the broze beadlock look wheels are sweet as-is...ru sure you want to paint them? Maybe try plasti-dip, that way you can change back to bronze if you change your mind.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:24 AM   #3
spikele's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
imho, the broze beadlock look wheels are sweet as-is...ru sure you want to paint them? Maybe try plasti-dip, that way you can change back to bronze if you change your mind.
Not a big fan of the bronze on a white truck. LOL.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't have tires mounted yet, remove the 'bead lock' and have them powdercoated. Not overly cheap but very durable.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
spikele's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone else chime in?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Powdercoat is the best option... if you don'r wanna stick w/ bronze.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:10 PM   #7
TacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud ofTacoDanny has much to be proud of

Marines: Embarker
TacoDanny's Tacoma Gallery
I'd have to agree bronze on white would look great since everyone and their mother has black rims these days. There are a few posts on how people painted their rims if you don't want to pay to get them powdercoated.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #8
Revolver is on a distinguished road
Revolver's Tacoma Gallery
They are powedercoated bronze, so only option is to media blast, or they lightly prep the wheel and powedercoat over the bronze. Powedercoat is already a thick application of paint so I would media blast to ensure the hole for teh valve stem fits and the edges and corners of the wheels openings still show nicely. I have the black beadlocks and will be sending them to OMF to become real beadlocks, but I also need a spare. They are crash replacement only thats why the dealer has to show the VIN and a picture of the damaged wheel and possibly a written estimate from a body shop. Hope this helps
Old 06-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Bronze on white would look freaking awesome...

Keep them bronze.