* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
life is just the beginning
english redneck is on a distinguished road
Army: 22 SAS
Name: ROB
english redneck's Tacoma Gallery
tpms

WHAT'S the opinoin on getting them on new wheels and tires is it worth the extra 60 bucks a corner or just not to bother .

Peoples views please.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by english redneck View Post
WHAT'S the opinoin on getting them on new wheels and tires is it worth the extra 60 bucks a corner or just not to bother .

Peoples views please.
What's the $60 charge per tire for exactly?

I think it was $10 per tire for mine to be rebuilt and strapped to my wheels using TPMS straps, including the extra cost of the straps.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
I use my scan guage to cover the light on the dash.. NOT worth it
Old 02-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #5
i spoke to the company that was suppling the wheels and tires and they said $60 a tire which is quite a cost.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by english redneck View Post
i spoke to the company that was suppling the wheels and tires and they said $60 a tire which is quite a cost.
I refer to my previous question. What exactly are they charging you for? Entirely new sensors?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #7
yep they said i would need them.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
many thanks for that ,that will save me some cash is it easy to do.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #11
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the angle on the sensors is different for steel wheels and aluminum. they have bands that you can use to strap them to the inside of the rim but i have o clue how good that is. also people have turned over the steel wheel ones 180 degrees to make them fit in an aluminum wheel. i heard the issue with that though is when they remove the tire they hit the sensor and damage it if they arent careful.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #12
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggertats View Post
yeah the angle on the sensors is different for steel wheels and aluminum. they have bands that you can use to strap them to the inside of the rim but i have o clue how good that is. also people have turned over the steel wheel ones 180 degrees to make them fit in an aluminum wheel. i heard the issue with that though is when they remove the tire they hit the sensor and damage it if they arent careful.
X2.

The bands you mentioned are the same ones I referenced in post 2. I've had them for 25,000 miles with no issues.