Notices

TRDsport stock tire life-how long?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 06:55 AM   #1
Wtf am i suppose to type here?
LazyRyan has a spectacular aura aboutLazyRyan has a spectacular aura about
LazyRyan's Tacoma Gallery
TRDsport stock tire life-how long?

im just curious to kno whats the expected average life (in miles) for the bridgestone tires that came stock on the trd sprt tacomas.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
my guess is anywhere between 35-55k depending on how you treat them. thats been my experience with other oem equipped bridgestones on other vehicles, onlyl difference being the size... i dont see why these would be any different.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on your roads and your driving. Only run mine April-Nov (have snow tires). My Dueler H/T's are at 4/32's with 24K. Done by Thanksgiving change over. I'm sure on smoother southern roads they'd last longer.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
i got 37,000 on mine right now. probably gonna change them after 40,000... but i still got a good amount of thread on them still... if u rotate every 5k then u should be good for a bit
Old 09-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
happypappy is on a distinguished road
happypappy's Tacoma Gallery
56,000 miles on mine so far and looks like they will go to 60,000 or a little more.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
Banned
poleman72 is an unknown quantity at this point
poleman72's Tacoma Gallery
When I get my TRD sport I'm changing the stock tires. I hate them. They're not good at gripping the road and I expected it to do better when it comes to gripping especially if Toyota is selling a truck with sport pkg.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
just be glad you dont have the "rugged fails"!!! mine were shot at 23k...even after religiously checking/adjusting the air and rotating and balancing every 5k!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #8
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force:
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some other opinions; not to good.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....+H%2FT+D684+II
Old 09-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #9
Wtf am i suppose to type here?
LazyRyan has a spectacular aura aboutLazyRyan has a spectacular aura about
LazyRyan's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i was just asking cause i only have 10800 miles on them right now. and they have lost a lot of tread. probally another 10,000 and they're done. i drive a lot of city and long highway(L.A to S.D) drives on a bi-weekly basis. i guess u can consider my driving habits servere considering the fact that i have a lead foot and love goin over 70 on the high way, and rapid acceleration.

whats a good tire replacement for the stock tires taking in mind my "un-economical driving habits" ? i think imma walk away from bridgestone after these tires. looking for tires with a smooth quiet ride with a super long tread life. dont plan on going off road.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:49 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyRyan View Post
yeah i was just asking cause i only have 10800 miles on them right now. and they have lost a lot of tread. probally another 10,000 and they're done. i drive a lot of city and long highway(L.A to S.D) drives on a bi-weekly basis. i guess u can consider my driving habits servere considering the fact that i have a lead foot and love goin over 70 on the high way, and rapid acceleration.

whats a good tire replacement for the stock tires taking in mind my "un-economical driving habits" ? i think imma walk away from bridgestone after these tires. looking for tires with a smooth quiet ride with a super long tread life. dont plan on going off road.
actually, the bridgestone dueler a/t revo's are some awesome tires, but probably not gonna last a real long time. im gonna say probably the pirelli scorpion at/r, bridgestone dueler revo,, firestone destination a/t, goodyear wrangler wrangler silent armor are good a/t tires, and if you are wanting more of a street tire..........michelin makes some awesome tires, like the ltx m/s, and cooper makes some great street and offroad tires. just basically depends on what kinda tire you want.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #11
Fishpig is on a distinguished road
Fishpig's Tacoma Gallery
20300 Miles on my Bridgestones and still look good