Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

275 or 285's?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
275 or 285's?

Can you all show me the difference in your 275's and your 285 tires? I'm debating on some 275/70's (which are not to common in all tires (BFG's)) or 285/70's Post your pictures of your tires.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
I will tomorrow or wednesday, because my tacoma is getting lifted as we speak
Old 02-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
you can check my gallery for pics of 275/70/17
Old 02-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I had 275s on my last truck. Pics in my gallery.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:46 AM   #5
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool there isn't a lit of 275s out there so I would like to see some. Thinking good width but a little skinnier then 285's
Old 02-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
nice wheelsets. wished i got duratraks instead. youtook out your mudflaps. arent you worried pits and scratches on your paint from road debris?
I am a little worried about chips, but I like the look better. I love the Duratracs. Your taco looks sweet what tires are you running?
Old 02-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #9
Dank Tank
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k6750 View Post
Anyone know if 285/70/17's will rub with 3" of lift? I'm in the same boat as the OP. Can't decide on 285's or 275's
I run 285 70 17 duratrac's on a 3'' lift.
Minor trimming and trust me you want 285's
O and my wheels are -12 offset
Old 02-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #10
xpander76 is on a distinguished road
xpander76's Tacoma Gallery
i have 285/70/17's with a 2.5" leveling kit in the front, 1" spacer in the back. you can look at my photos on my profile. front tires rub a little when turning certain ways in forward and reverse over uneven surfaces. i kept the rear mud flaps on, took off the front flaps. yes, you do get some scratches from rocks being thrown up, but it's not horrible. don't forget, it is a truck, it needs some scratches here and there!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #11
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery

From the left and the right. Excuse the Cali Slam in the first pic. There was 400lbs of lumber in the back.

Go 285x70R17s. Do it.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #12

See any major difference in your gas going to the 285's. I'm really not to worried about it but if gas goes up to $4+ a gallon over the summer then I might start.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #13
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
No. In fact oddly enough it's stated the exact same coming from 265x75R16s. That said, I'm pretty easy on the gas now. When I was rocking 255x70R16s I'd speed racer the fuck everywhere.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #14
Chainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ed
Chainsmoker's Tacoma Gallery
im running a 3inch pro comp lift and 285/70/17 on the atx crawl wheels. 0 offset and a 4.5 BS. Kumho A/T tires. i was running a M/T and they looked bad ass but i drive alot of highway so i switched to an A/T. very minor trimming and zero rubbing
Old 02-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #15
Chainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shedChainsmoker is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dont have pics of the atx crawls up yet but i will soon. the pics in my profile are a 285/75/16 M/T tire
Old 02-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #16
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsmoker View Post
im running a 3inch pro comp lift and 285/70/17 on the atx crawl wheels. 0 offset and a 4.5 BS. Kumho A/T tires. i was running a M/T and they looked bad ass but i drive alot of highway so i switched to an A/T. very minor trimming and zero rubbing
How about when flexing? NEVER any rubbing?
Old 02-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #17
none at all. i took my front flaps off did some trimming behinde there and did some to the front section .......... ive gone offroad flexed my truck to the point i had one of my rear wheels 2 feet from the ground and i didnt rub at all. now before i trimmed and took off the flaps i rubbed in reverse and when flexed but nothing now
Old 02-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #18
Dank Tank
Quote:
i got the toyo at. wished i got the duratrak instead. your truck looks baaaad.
Thanks its much appreciated!
Old 02-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #19
Dank Tank
Quote:
nice wheelsets. wished i got duratraks instead. youtook out your mudflaps. arent you worried pits and scratches on your paint from road debris?
Update: I threw the rear flaps on the front ones wont fit.