Bulges on Tire Sidewall

DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOUR RIG

There are over (12) tire brands currently on RECALL that
your local Offroad 4WP Store and other Tire Companies have sold

MUST SEE Cool Video Below:
Press Play
Press Play 2

Over 48,000 Pro Comp A/T LT265/75R16 are being recalled,
NHTSA Campaign ID number : 08T013000 (CLICK)
Click

Reasons:: A Bulge Can Occur in the Lower Sidewall on the
White Sidewall Which Indicates the Existence of a
Separation Between Two Lower Sidewall Components.

The Cooper Tire Co. manufactures just some of
the following 183,602 Units Affected on the RECALL List below,

Pro Comp Xtreme A/T
Cooper Discoverer S/T,
Dean Mud Terrain Radial SXT
Durango Radial XTR,
Mastercraft Courser C/T,
**** Cepek Radial F-C II,
Mesa C/T,
Tempra Trailcutter Radial RT.

LINK

If this is your case, then the local 4 Wheel Parts Performance
Center is required by law to replace them ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE

No Additional Charges for Balance and Rotation, etc.,
as you already have payed for these services.

COOPER TIRE QUALITY
COOPER TIRE REPUTAION

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx

Furthermore, if the local Offroad 4WP Store has sold you any
Defective Automotive Parts, some of which may be:

Defective Lights,
Defective Wheels
Defective Tires,
Defective Shocks,
Defective Suspension Systems

Basically Any Automotive Equipment

and Fail to Refund or Exchange these products,
then you could file a complaint with (ALL) the following
agencies below that will assist you in obtaining a refund:

Complaint Agency 1
Complaint Agency 2
Complaint Agency 3
Complaint Agency 4
Complaint Agency 5
Complaint Agency 6

FEEL FREE TO PASS THIS TORCH
Old 09-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
hmm that made me curious so i went and looked at mine just to see. i got the 50th week of 2007
Old 09-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Im waiting for Arnold the govenator to say " Its not a tumor!'' damn thats some crazy pics.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #5
RiceRocket is on a distinguished road

Air Force: C-17
RiceRocket's Tacoma Gallery
PRO COMP

Old 09-06-2008, 11:18 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
damn!!!! good post!!! gotta make everyone more aware of potential problems!!!!

those tires in the pics broke belts/separated like crazy!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:43 PM   #7
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
I saw this happen on a tire when it was curbed so hard it tore the rim,deflating tire... hammered rim back and inflated tire and there was a huge knot on side....
Old 09-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
damn!!!! good post!!! gotta make everyone more aware of potential problems!!!!

those tires in the pics broke belts/separated like crazy!!!

firestone

Old 09-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #9
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
wow, this is some crazy shit! looks like its nothing to mess with either. i heard about the whole 6yr tire life thing a few months back in a Peterson's 4-wheel mag, but never thought about checking my tires(or knew how for that matter). looks like my cooper ST's on my taco were manufactured in the 3rd week of 2004. bought them in sept of 2005 if i remember right so that would make em over a year and a half old when i bought them. After inspecting them a little today, there are a few cracks in the rubber about an inch away from the bead, good thing theyre gonna be replaced soon. i bought some BFG mt's this spring to put on before winter and they were actually manufactured in 2006, 2 years old when i bought them..... oh well, i'll wear them out within 4 yrs anyways, lol.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #10
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have a set of 33" firestone allterrains that were made in 1970 something they still have tread they still hold air LOL ... they are actually in a few pics I have on here... they are on white wagon wheels when i was putting the taco on the frame
Old 09-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #11
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
this would happen all the time to the tires on the helicopters i worked on in Iraq. Goodyear made them. it was also 100-120 degrees most of the time during the day and they were filled to 150psi, i wonder if that had anything to do with it
Old 09-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #12

yeah the firestone is "chunking" I have seen guys with pulling trucks actually peel the lugs off of their rear tires from weight and hp
Old 09-07-2008, 10:46 PM   #13
20taco07 has a spectacular aura about20taco07 has a spectacular aura about20taco07 has a spectacular aura about

20taco07's Tacoma Gallery
yep ive seen this already, came from ttora forums
Old 09-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #14

excellent

Old 09-12-2008, 03:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Im waiting for Arnold the govenator to say " Its not a tumor!'' damn thats some crazy pics.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:15 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
yeah the firestone is "chunking" I have seen guys with pulling trucks actually peel the lugs off of their rear tires from weight and hp

These complaints have been copied from the Federal NHTSA database.

MAIN LINK: ODI - Office of Defects Investigation

Make : PRO COMP
Model : PRO COMP ALL TERRAIN
Year : All Years
Manufacturer : COOPER TIRE & RUBBER CO.
Crash : No Fire : No Number of Injuries: 0
ODI ID Number : 10242653
Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: September 6, 2008
Component: TIRES

Summary:
I WENT TO PRIMM NEVADA FOR A OFF ROAD RACE AND NOTICE THAT AT HIGH SPEEDS THE TIRES DEVELOP A PULL TO ONE SIDE. I HAVE HAD THE TRUCK ALIGNED AND NOT ABLE TO FIX THE PULL. THE TIRES ARE PRO COMP EXTREME ALL TERRAINS

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX

Crash : No Fire : No Number of Injuries: 0
ODI ID Number : 10239710 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: August 21, 2008
Component: TIRES:SIDEWALL

Summary:
PROCOMP AT TIRES THAT I HAVE ON MY TRUCK AT THIS TIME HAVE TWO LARGE BULGES IN THE SIDE WHICH LOOK LIKE THE CORDS ARE COMING APART. I TOOK THE TIRES TO 4WHEEL PARTS AND THEY INFORMED ME THAT THEY LOOKED FINE BUT WOULD REPLACED THEM BUT I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE REPLACEMENTS. THEN I TOOK THE TIRES TO TWO OTHER SHOPS AND BOTH INFORMED ME THAT THE TIRES HAD SEPARATED CORDS AND WERE A DANGER. NOW I DO NOT EVEN HAVE 10000 MILES ON THESE TIRES AND THEY ARE COMING APART AND THE DEALER OWNER OF THESE TIRES WILL NOT DO A THING TO ASSIST ME BEFORE THEY BLOW. THIS TO ME IS POOR WORKMANSHIP AND SALES ALONG WITH NO REGARDS TO THE PUBLIC SAFETY. PLEASE ASSIST ME AND OTHERS THAT SPENT OUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO GET THESE TIRES EITHER TAKEN OFF MARKET OR REPLACED. *TR

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX

Crash : No Fire : No Number of Injuries: 1
ODI ID Number : 10170263 Number of Deaths: 0
Date of Failure: September 19, 2006
Component: TIRES

Summary:
TRAVELING NORTH ON INTERSTATE 75 IN MANATEE COUNTY. PICK-UP TRUCK BEGAN TO FISH TAIL, CAUSING SEVERAL VEHICLES TO SWERVE TO AVOID ACCIDENT, FOLLOWED BY LOUD BANGING NOISES AT LEFT REAR OF TRUCK. PULLED OVER TO SKIRT OF INTERSTATE AND OBSERVED A GREAT AMOUNT OF DAMAGE TO RIGHT REAR QUARTER PANEL; AND THE REAR PASSENGER SIDE TIRE DEVOID OF ITS TREAD BUT STILL FULLY INFLATED. DROVE TRUCK WITH TIRE TREAD MISSING OF INTERSTATE (APPROX. 5 MILES) AND REPLACED TIRE WITH TREAD SEPARATION WITH SPARE TIRE. WAITING FOR RESPONSE FROM PRO COMP/COOPER TIRE COMPANY TO RECTIFY DAMAGE. *

WHAT 4WP IS TERRIFIED OF
Federal Trade Commission
Internet Fraud Complaint Center
Office of Defects Investigation
VEHICLE REPAIR ACT
Old 09-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma08MZ View Post
hmm that made me curious so i went and looked at mine just to see. i got the 50th week of 2007

federal databases are littered with complaints
Old 10-02-2008, 02:33 AM   #18

I understand that Pro Comps will be MADE IN CHINA,,big factory being built there

Old 10-11-2008, 05:29 AM   #19

TWEEL

Old 10-11-2008, 05:32 AM   #20
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceRocket View Post
TWEEL

For some reason, those make sense to me. Imagine all the bashing you could do off road when you dont have to worry about "blowing a bead"?