Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Hankook Dynapro ATm 265/75-16

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro ATm 265/75-16

Got them on today, replacing the BFG Rugged Trails at 20,590 miles (1 year, 2 months old)...

Stepped up 1" in size from the 265/70-16 to 265/75-16. Measured my ground clearance and I gained exactly 1/2 inch, as expected... Now at 9 3/4" from bottom of rear differential to concrete floor.

Cost, mounted, balanced, disposal, installed with sales tax: $689 (tire unit price ~$141)

Just a short drive home from tire shop, but were quiet, maybe just a slight hum when coasting to a stop... The tire shops air gauge was a few pounds less than mine, what they said was 32 psi measured 25 when I got home... so I aired them up to 35 psi to check out and maybe adjust. The tire has a max. pressure rating of 44 psi.

Photos taken before I added 10 psi to them...

Note still over an inch of clearance from the turned tire to the wheel well by the (former) mud flap location.

Perhaps test them in the mud this Saturday, Pine Valley???
Old 02-17-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!... got tired of waiting for the Grabbers I see? lol
Old 02-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Hankooks , I'm on the Dynapro MT's , but next time I think I might try the AT's .
Old 02-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Nice!... got tired of waiting for the Grabbers I see? lol

Yah, in a way... plus the money situation... The place I got the Hankooks is also a General Tire dealer and they had a couple of Grabbers in the showroom (15") as well as AT2s... The Grabber is still not yet available in the 265/75-16 and it will be well over $200 per tire (+ installation and tax).
Old 02-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #6
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
My AT2, are just turning 5k. I am getting a slight hum when rolling to a stop. Still not as bad as my BF AT's when i had them. I liked the hankkoks as well. Good luck with them.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:08 AM   #7
judd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant future
EMS:
judd94's Tacoma Gallery
those pics are great. it sucks when you want pics of tires and the pics are 50ft away like you can see the tread right? lol. i have been lookin at gettin these tires and i just got sold. thanks man. rep comin at ya
Old 02-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #8

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I know what you mean... I like trying out tires to test them, etc... The problem is they are expensive and usually last too long! LOL

Now, if tires were way cheap and lasted a shorter time, I could try out more brands!!

The Yokahama Geolanders, Firestone Destinations, Nitto Terra Grappers, General Grabber AT2, and Goodyear Wrangler and other models would all be fun to try...

For my driving... I am seekeing...

1) Quiet highway (90%+ of our trucks are mostly used on higways afterall).
2) Good sand floatation... I do the most four wheeling in deep sand (beach, desert) and most AT and street tires work fine in sand, but may need deflating. MT and stiff sidewall tires are harder to drive in sand and require more air to be removed before they float.
3) Good bite, for when I do use it in rocky roads, mud, snow...
4) Looks... okay, this is weak but it is nice if the tire looks like it belongs on a 4WD!
5) Puncture resistance... if I get flats from rocks, then the tire is not very strong... I got lots of flats on BFG Rugged Trails!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #9
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
^ those are all very good things to look for.

i wish i would've got the Hankook A/T instead of the M/T. the M/T looks cool, but a little overkill for me since im only 2wd. Im also really starting to like the Procomp Xtreme A/T that come with a 50,000 mile tread wear warranty.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #10
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
nice tires, I almost got those but ended up going with the BFG's since I have personal experience of them going 60k+ miles easy.

I only read the OP but I guess you got the P rated version since the max pressure is only 44psi?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #11

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
nice tires, I almost got those but ended up going with the BFG's since I have personal experience of them going 60k+ miles easy.

I only read the OP but I guess you got the P rated version since the max pressure is only 44psi?
That is correct...
Old 02-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #12
COACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud of

Army: SNIPER HHC, 3 BATTALION,73 ARMOR,82ND AIRBORNE
Name: JC
COACHPPARK's Tacoma Gallery
LOOKS GOOD!!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #13

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Highway report...

Well, I drove about 60 miles today... and these tires are QUIET!!! (yea)
Old 02-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #14
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Highway report...

Well, I drove about 60 miles today... and these tires are QUIET!!! (yea)
You're swaying me towards these for next time , my Dynapro's are great around my rural neighbourhood , but on the highway they hhhuuummmmmm.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #15

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You're swaying me towards these for next time , my Dynapro's are great around my rural neighbourhood , but on the highway they hhhuuummmmmm.
Oh, I am real funny about noise... and these rate the same as the Rugged Trails... perhaps just a hair level above... but you really got to listen for it. They are great.

ALSO... I forgot to mention... Just as expected for a 32" tire, my speedometer is accurate now! It did read 3 mph too fast on the Rugged Trails, but it is now in sync with my GPS at highway speed!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh, I am real funny about noise... and these rate the same as the Rugged Trails... perhaps just a hair level above... but you really got to listen for it. They are great.

ALSO... I forgot to mention... Just as expected for a 32" tire, my speedometer is accurate now! It did read 3 mph too fast on the Rugged Trails, but it is now in sync with my GPS at highway speed!
I'm considering driving across Canada next year , and I'm gonna have to change out these MT's by then or I'll go psycho somewhere in Alberta .
Old 02-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #17

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm considering driving across Canada next year , and I'm gonna have to change out these MT's by then or I'll go psycho somewhere in Alberta .
Doesn't that happen anyway, regardless of tire noise??? LOL
Old 02-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doesn't that happen anyway, regardless of tire noise??? LOL
One way to find out . Lol
Old 02-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #19
"thats what she said"
01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future

Name: joe
01taquito's Tacoma Gallery
ive had my 265/75 16's on since late november. i drive 60 miles round trip for work
Old 02-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #20

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01taquito View Post
ive had my 265/75 16's on since late november. i drive 60 miles round trip for work
and...? Do you like them, have you off roaded with them... any comments? Thanks!