Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

shopping for wheels on craigslist?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
TheRiddleOfSteel is on a distinguished road
TheRiddleOfSteel's Tacoma Gallery
shopping for wheels on craigslist?

I have the stock TRD 17" and they look good, Im too cheap to drop the money on new wheels/tires. Any tips on shopping used?

best search term just "18 wheels" or rims?

do you need to watch out for fake chinese knockoffs that will cause you to die in a fireball?
Old 02-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I got my bbs's on craigslist for 1/4 of what they ate worth, so there's definitely some good deals out there. With rim's I'd say just ask lots of questions. Make sure the bolt pattern and backspacing are ideal, and if the seller doesn't know, make them take a picture of all the stamping on the wheel. That will tell you the specs. If possible do a test fit before exchanging cash.