I all ready have them mtd and waiting in the garage

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
pillar is on a distinguished road
pillar's Tacoma Gallery
I all ready have them mtd and waiting in the garage

Truck: Silver 01 trd ext cab 4x4.
Tires: 32x11.5x15 Cooper Stts
Question: Will they still rub when I'm done?
Question: If it does, what should I do? Will it even make it worse when wheeling?

Here it is,

I have the bilstein 5100 front struts coming this week that I will be setting at 2.5".

I have the rear AAl and new longer Bilsteins in the rear.

I just bought the 15x8 Black steelies with the 4" type "B" back spacing from Wheelers Offroad and new Cooper Discoverer Stts in a 32x11.5x15 from Discount Tire in Bellingham WA.

I was hoping to leave there Discount Tire with them on my truck (stock for now) but they only mounted the front wheels on and stopped b/c it would rub pretty good on the inside fender where the mud flaps go on. We removed the mud flaps but it would still rub when turning,

Now, will those 32" Coopers will fit nice with the bilstein 2.5" strut lift?? Wheelers said it would, but I want to here from people that are running this mild lift and 32s. Possibly the same set up.

It it does still rub a little what do I do?

Thanks,

Looking forward to showing the pics once it's all done this week.

It's looked killer with the 2 tires on it even if it did rub for the few minutes they were on it.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
you shouldnt have any rubbing issues with that setup
Old 09-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You shouldnt have any rubbing issues once the lift is installed.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
yep.....what they said!!! you should be good to go!!! cant wait to see pics!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
pillar's Tacoma Gallery
So forsure it won't rub without doing any of the fender mods?

What are the fender mods any way?
Old 09-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillar View Post
So forsure it won't rub without doing any of the fender mods?

What are the fender mods any way?
if it does happen to rub a little, you may need to remove the mud flaps, or do a little plastic trimming on the inner fender, just really depends on where the rubbing is.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:41 PM   #7
pillar's Tacoma Gallery
Any tips on the fender trimming?
Old 09-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillar View Post
Any tips on the fender trimming?
i havent done any myself, but you'll be able to tell where the rubbing is coming from, and then you can probably use a good razor knife to trim the plastic that needs to be trimmed.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #9
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
may also have to fold the pinch weld back alittle... on a 3" kit you probably wouldnt have to... but with 2.5" it might be close.. I fold it over on every truck though... just incase no sense in having a sharp edge near a tire so i dont cut it off either just fold it to the inside