Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

quitest best riding A/T??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
quitest best riding A/T??

What is the best performing quitest and best riding A/T tire hands down? I ahve heard some good things about the toyos??
Old 02-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I have run three, very good and very quiet A/T truck tires:

Toyo Open Country AT
Cooper Discoverer ATR
and maybe the winner:
Hankook Dynapro ATm
Old 02-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the Cooper Discoverer ATR's and am happy with them. I looked into the Geolander ATs and they seem like they'd be quit also.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Bridgestone Revo II's are pretty quiet too. Haven't run the others listed above so I can't compare them to those.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
BFG A/T are pretty much awesome and have a more aggressive trade than most A/T tires I've seen and I don't notice any noise from them
Old 02-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
anyone else have any input on the bfgs they look like they would be loud and how do they ride?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
They're an awesome tire, but they are relatively loud in comparison to some of the other AT's listed in this thread. How they ride depends on which load range you get. If you go with D or E range, they're going to ride a little rough but that's true of any tire.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #9
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAY View Post
anyone else have any input on the bfgs they look like they would be loud and how do they ride?
BFGs from my experience and others are over-priced, have high sidewall failures off road, are not as quiet as the tires I named above... yet (perhaps due to heavy advertising) remain the most popular AT tire.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
i hate to admit it but after reading reviews i have to agree with david k.
How would the firestone destinations compare to the other tires listed guys? and are they pretty aggressive looking? like compared to my NTG's i have now.
Thanks
Old 02-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #11
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
You have to decide how much tread u want on your tire. The firestones are quite but loose a little meat on the tires. Bff do awesome offroad and make some noise on the road. Nitto terra awesome off road but get louder with age or at least mine are. Which do u want out of your AT tires noise with bite on the trail or less bite and less noise
Old 02-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #12
skaterportland will become famous soon enough
skaterportland's Tacoma Gallery
I ran Goodyear SilentArmor A/T in 265/75/16 and loved them much better than my BFG A/T or KM2's. Really quiet on the highway and great traction in the snow and ice.
50,000 mile warranty too.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #13
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook AT's. most aggressive looking while quiet AT's IMO... They also come with 50,000 mile warranty
Old 02-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #14
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Wile's Tacoma Gallery
BFG AT were untouchable 10 years ago, now all I hear are complaints about premature cracks in the sidewalls.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Cracks? I haven't heard that since I've been here.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #16
Firefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Josh
Firefighter160's Tacoma Gallery
I have bfg all terrains on my truck now and wish I had got something else. I had them a while back and figured Id try them again, still not happy with the noise and ride. I had a set of pro comp all terrains on my 98 and absolutely love those tires, they were extremelty quiet and rode like a dream. I will say the bfgs are probably the best looking at tire but not best performing.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #17
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ yeah im really starting to like the Procomp Xtreme A/T's. I love the tread pattern on them and the 40,000 mile warranty doesnt hurt either.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #18
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAY View Post
They aren't excessively loud, but they do ride kinda rough. They have a very stiff sidewall. I have not heard of any issues with off road failure, at least no more than other brands and models. They do have exceptional traction, especially in the snow.

I will say that I am likely on my last set of BFG AT's though. After having them on 3 different vehicles over the years, I am tired of the rough ride and ready to move on.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #19
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
The new Kumho SAT KL61 is a snow tire rated all-terrain that I have found to be very quiet on the highway.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAC3TACO View Post
The new Kumho SAT KL61 is a snow tire rated all-terrain that I have found to be very quiet on the highway.

those look pretty cool. never seen them before