Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

My new KMC XD222 17x8.5s

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
My new KMC XD222 17x8.5s

So I just ordered a set of KMC XD222 17x8.5s. These bad boys look awesome! Should have 'em in a week or 2. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
My new KMC XD222 17x8.5s-kmcxd222clear.jpg  
Old 02-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
clearcoat no.....thats just me
Old 02-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

why so against the clearcoat?
Old 05-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #4

Thought I would add some info and feedback after Ive put some miles on them. The offset and backspacing was off on my rims and needed to put 1" wheel spacers to clear my calipers. Thus in turn causing my tires to rub without a lift on both forward and rear parts of my fenders. I am runnning 265/70R17 terra grapplers. Well I got a 3" prerunner style lift to stop the rubbing and it continued to slightly rub on the rear part of the fender wells. So then I resorted to pre runner fenders and now the problem is fixed.

Just a heads up because I believe they only offer this wheel in one offset/backspacing. and you will need atleast a 3" lift and 1" wheelspacers only on the front to get these to fit. I assume a 6" lift should be plenty to clear them all the way. hope this Info can be useful.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
So I just ordered a set of KMC XD222 17x8.5s. These bad boys look awesome! Should have 'em in a week or 2. What do you guys think?
This year they are going to offer them in a true beadlock 17" and 15" with the correct backspacing. I was going to order these locally until I saw the price.

I hope you enjoy this wheel it had awesome specs on it for a bead lock.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #6

Offset is 0mm and backspacing is 4.75". They are legit beadlocks. had an issue where the guys who installed them slashed all the valve stems. But after that was fixed they hold air real well.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:40 PM   #7
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
do you have a pic of them mounted, and where did you pick them up and for how much. I got a set of ATX beadlocks but in the wrong wheel pattern that im sitting on until I can sell them
Old 05-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #8

got them at 4wheelonline.com for 232 a peice. Cheapest I found. Rims and tires total without the lift and spacers were around 16-1700.
http://4wheelonline.com/KMC_XD222_Wh....136392.619608
Old 05-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Cool, I know a little grinding of the calipers if required unless you run a spacer.....I'll probably run these in a 16 when I do the SAC
The reason I ran with a 17" is some guys were showing signs of rubbing on the inside diamater of 16" rims while running LT.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
do you have a pic of them mounted, and where did you pick them up and for how much. I got a set of ATX beadlocks but in the wrong wheel pattern that im sitting on until I can sell them

There you go. Ill get some better side pics in the AM. I added the link to 4wheelonline a couple posts back.
Attached Thumbnails
My new KMC XD222 17x8.5s-4.15.2011-010.jpg   My new KMC XD222 17x8.5s-5.29.2011-077.jpg  
Old 05-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Good to know.........are they a hassle to maintain? Do you constantly have to retorque them?
Havent had to yet. The guys installing them will bitch about how hard they are to balance which I understand. But thus far Ive had them on for just over a month and havent had any new issues. I feel pretty confident offroad with these things. They are thick and stout. and the beadlocks arent going anywhere. Im going to throw the torque wrench on them tommorow to see if any are losing torque.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #12

I should probably Add that I found out the hard way that Beadlock rims are not DOT approved and therefor illegal. So allot of chain owned shops will not even look at them or check the air pressure on them. Kinda a pain in the ass.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #13
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Sick wheels. My buddy has them on his LT f-150... but yeah they're illegal for on road use.