1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wheel dealama

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Guess2010, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Feb 21, 2011 at 9:29 AM
    Guess2010

Guess2010 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DAVE
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd tacoma double cab
    Just a few dont tell the wife!!!
    Ok so i bought a set of vision warrior wheels in minneapolis when i was there i payed $380 taxes in for 16x8 wheels. I was buying them to use for winter rims here in the shitty winters we get in canada. I currently got so chrome fuel gauge rims 18"rim with duratraks on them.
    So i got them on a site like craiglist here in saskatchewan called UsedRegina.com
    i got them on there for 700 but had no takers.(seeing if i can make a little $$$)
    So today i guy emailed me and said hes got a 04 tundra with 22inch rims that he would trade straight across for my warrior 375 rims.
    He said he got 5 22inch rims with rubber and the wheels are mint.
    Now prioir to getting my fuel gauge rims i tryed fitting 24inch rims on my truck but the tires were to wide and were rubbing on the uppercontrole arm.
    So now this guy emailed me UMMMMM sounds temepting since they would really only cost me 380 bucks for 5 22inch rims with rubber
    My truck has a 3inch spacer lift.

So what would u guys do
    Would u do it since would only cost 380
    And also an 04 tundra has the same bolt pattern as are fine tacomas

2. Feb 21, 2011 at 9:34 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:

I personally think 18" is pushing it for a truck, so 22's would be ludicrous in my book.

But if that's the look you are going for, you need to know the backspacing of the rims and the tire size in order to determine whether they will rub. The rim diameter itsself makes no difference.

If the 24's (shudder) you tried to fit were rubbing the UCA then the wheels had the wrong backspacing for our trucks.

3. Feb 21, 2011 at 9:46 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    And I can't tell if this is a question or a statement since you don't use punctuation at all. If it is a question, then the answer is yes, they have the same bolt pattern.

Products Discussed in

To Top