Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

low pressure light

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
esimmons has a spectacular aura aboutesimmons has a spectacular aura aboutesimmons has a spectacular aura about

Name: Evan
esimmons's Tacoma Gallery
low pressure light

hey i am looking to upgrade from my stock 16inch steel wheels to the trd rims. my questions is, how do i know that when i change my tires over if my pressure light will be stuck on. i know i could probably nmake it go off my tricking it somehow but i would prefer to do it the right way
Old 02-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by esimmons View Post
hey i am looking to upgrade from my stock 16inch steel wheels to the trd rims. my questions is, how do i know that when i change my tires over if my pressure light will be stuck on. i know i could probably nmake it go off my tricking it somehow but i would prefer to do it the right way
Use your current TPMS sensors on the new rims.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes
You can get a strap kit or install the sensors 180 degrees opposite what they are now and the should fit just fine.
X2. I have used the tpms straps for 25000 miles with no issues.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
esimmons has a spectacular aura aboutesimmons has a spectacular aura aboutesimmons has a spectacular aura about

so how hard it it to re-use the TPMS sensors? will the place that changes my wheels for me think its too much for me to ask them to do?
Old 02-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
It's standard operating procedure to re-use them. The shop would probably be surprised if you told them NOT to re-use them.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #7

do they just unscrew?
Old 02-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by esimmons View Post
do they just unscrew?
Yup....There is a metal collar that goes outside the hole and threads on the stem. Push the stem thru the hole from the inside and screw the collar on...DONE.
A shop will probably put a new "fit kit" on them with a fresh gasket thing...But I've had no problems with my spare and I didn't fit kit it.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #9

thanks guys!