Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New tires!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
New tires!

So my new tires came in today

i think i may have some rubbing issues...yall think they will fit?

in all seriousness...my new 255/85 bfg mts came in today...hopefully will have them mounted within the next week...plus the folks are paying for a front end alignment for my birthday
Old 09-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
So my new tires came in today

i think i may have some rubbing issues...yall think they will fit?

in all seriousness...my new 255/85 bfg mts came in today...hopefully will have them mounted within the next week...plus the folks are paying for a front end alignment for my birthday
damn man..............gonna need a bigger lift....but, those would be great in the rain, and for uwharrie!!!!!

cant wait till you get your tires maunted dude.............im almost ready for the mastercrafts!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Think you need a bigger lift before you get those mounted! lol
Old 09-08-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i think i just need to do a little fender trimming...maybe pound out the pinch weld...i should be good to go...my cvs will hold up fine with these right?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i think i just need to do a little fender trimming...maybe pound out the pinch weld...i should be good to go...my cvs will hold up fine with these right?
oh yeah....definitely!!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I think you might have to re gear!

Congrates on the new tires!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:54 PM   #7
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new tires. Let me know how you like the M/Ts. Did you get KMs or KM2s?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Congrats on the new tires. Let me know how you like the M/Ts. Did you get KMs or KM2s?
the older "style" whatever that is...

its these

i'll take pics next time im home during daylight hours
Old 09-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #9
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
if you get a flat on one of those, you're little spare tire is gonna look silly
Old 09-08-2008, 07:00 PM   #10
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Thats gonna look awesome, I didn't notice you where switching to 255s (don't you currently got 285s??).

Looking forward to the installed pics.

Oh, them in the pics are just KMs, which from what I read will soon be discontinued.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
o those are nice 10 out of 10 there tiger
for $550 shipped with only 2500 miles on them...it couldnt be beat
Old 09-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Thats gonna look awesome, I didn't notice you where switching to 255s (don't you currently got 285s??).

Looking forward to the installed pics.

Oh, them in the pics are just KMs, which from what I read will soon be discontinued.
i currently only have 265/75s so these will be a bit taller and a bit thinner...
Old 09-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i paid $450 shipped for my LT255/75/17 bfg m/t's brand new off ebay. i think its b/c the online store was discontinuing the size or some shit...but then i did have to pay for mount and balance and all...
Old 09-09-2008, 03:19 AM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
they are going to be quite a bit taller.

If you going from BFG M/T KM's to the BFG MT /KM2's your going to get another 1.4" in height going from 31.9" to 33.3"

Ditch the flaps, trim the skirts, nip the flares, do the pinch weld mod,
your option to rebox the body mounts If need be (this is more of a width fitment issue ) and your just getting into regear territory.

Have fun
im not going from a bfg mt to a bfg mt...switching brands and sizes...

as far as fitment of the new tires...theyll fit...theyre tall and skinny...i dont have any flaps and i dont drive a new tacoma with the squared off fenders

i'm not really into regear territory either as i have 4.56 gears already in my truck and those should handle these 255/85s just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I think if you mount the tires in the pic you will only need to remove the front mud flaps.
Timmer What gear would you recomment? A 4.0?
lucky for me i already lost all my mud flaps!