Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

I want my wheels to stick out

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Scroats Ma Goats
Korydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Staff Sergeant
Name: Kory
Korydel's Tacoma Gallery
I want my wheels to stick out

Ok so I want my wheels to stick out for a more aggresive look. I dont want to get new wheels with a different back spacing, $$$$$$. I dont do alot of off-roading and am just lookin for the look. I have 265/75 16 with (stock wheels). will a 1.25 back spacing give me that look?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Im running wheel spacers for the time being, have put 30k on the truck with no problems. They help cornering and look great, Ill probably take them off when I get new wheels and tires though.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
andrew862 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
andrew862's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel Adapter/spacers FTW!

I just installed my Spidertrax tonight and am very happy with the product and the resulting look. They were so neat in their bright blue glory I felt bad hiding them behind my wheel. Test drive resulted in the truck feeling more stable at speed and cornering a little flatter (nice since I have the Sport). If you buy from 4WheelParts you can nab the Spidertrax for 10% off which based on my searching is probably the best price you will find, and there is free shipping.

Oh, and let me save you 1000's of threads and searching........Spidertrax are the best/most popular. Yes they are more expensive but the going opinion is that they are worth it! Having now held them in my hand and bolted them on, I would buy them again without hesitation.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #5
larryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vet: C-17 Avionics Engineer; Electrical Research Engineer
Name: Larry
larryde09's Tacoma Gallery
x2...wheel spacers. Just remember that you'll be placing more load on the axle, suspension, and CV joints because of the increased leverage. Also, they may be illegal in some states if they extend beyond the fender flares.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #7
Scroats Ma Goats
Korydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shedKorydel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Staff Sergeant
Name: Kory
Korydel's Tacoma Gallery
VAcountry, you running 1.25?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
This guys wheels stick out...
Attached Thumbnails
I want my wheels to stick out-funny-car-photos-good-new.jpg  
Old 02-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
This guys wheels stick out...
but just look at the uneven tire wear.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #12
J-rob
beefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J-Rob
beefcake's Tacoma Gallery
sorry, not the best picture but these are 1.25 spidertrax wheel spacers with a 4.5 backspacing on the wheel
Attached Thumbnails
I want my wheels to stick out-dscn0406.jpg  
Old 02-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #13
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery

spidertrax 1.25
Old 02-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #15
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Or you could just buy wide wheels 15x10" BS 3.76" -44mm offset.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #18
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
15" wheels wont fit on a 2nd gen though. If they did, you can buy wheels with a lot less backspacing than that.
Yeah I know I was just giving my specs to give him an idea of what offset and BS he would need to stick the tires out.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #20
Flash2408 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Flash2408's Tacoma Gallery
heres mine with no spacers with 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing
Attached Thumbnails
I want my wheels to stick out-001.jpg