Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

My new Aggressive tires Installed!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
My new Aggressive tires Installed!!

Hey, Just installed some General Grabber at2 tires. Had stock 245 on and now on stock sup I have now gone to 265/75/16. They just fit and now I can do some offroading. I know I know I need some new wheels now and they will come soon. Hope you like.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
look good....rated fpr 50,000????
Old 02-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
There not that aggresive just some nice at tires. Better then the stock crap ones. They are rated at 60,000. Pretty good I say.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I can't wait till the stock tires are burnt off. That may happen this summer ... I wonder if the taco can to a proper smoke show ...
Old 02-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
I have done a smoke show on the stock tires. Did some pretty good. Havent on the new tires cause i payed this time and i like them haha.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I may run this size tire on mine. Have you had the leaf spring TSB done to your truck?
Old 02-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #7
Nope. Everything is stock. Just got the new tires and thats it
Old 02-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
Tripletpkc is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
Tripletpkc's Tacoma Gallery
they look awesome!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #9
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Prescott
PWhite13's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you want the look of aftermarket wheels, or there is sizing probs, I would just save some money and keep the stock wheels. You could spend the money on something else on the truck that will help off-road performance.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:35 AM   #10
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
i like em. if i could ask what did they cost and are they still under the wheel well or do they stick out a little?
Old 02-26-2011, 04:49 AM   #11
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I've been thinking about getting those tires. Really great tire fir the price.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:03 AM   #12
adrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: RLTW
Name: Dante
adrenaline66's Tacoma Gallery
Getting ready to do the same on mine. Btw, mine came with 265/70/16, so this size should fit on yours w/o mods. Check the review at http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/...duct=805&cat=4, they're rated better overall than the BFG A/T KOs. I always used to have the BFGs, but the Generals are about 50-80 dollars less (depending on where you buy), plus the reviews. Also, they're studdable, better to have and not need than to need and not have.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:50 PM   #13
adrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedadrenaline66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: RLTW
Name: Dante
adrenaline66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
There not that aggresive just some nice at tires. Better then the stock crap ones. They are rated at 60,000. Pretty good I say.
Not that aggressive? Have you looked at BFG A/Ts? There are a lot of similarities between the tread patterns. IMO, the GRABBER AT2s are just the right balance of aggressive/road worthy.

I did a lot of research on these, and dollar for dollar, a great purchase. Just put them on, they were $73.00 cheaper per tire than the BFG A/Ts. I bought 5 at Discount Tire, with the $50.00 Rebate, my cost was $650.00. Check the reviews at Tirerack.com and http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/...duct=805&cat=4, they're highly rated (even higher than BFG A/Ts), have a 60,000 Mile Warranty, and are Severe Snow Rated (P-Series). They are night and day over the stock Rugged Trails, they stick to pavement big time, I noticed the difference immediately. They are super quiet too. I used to be a big proponent of BFG A/Ts, still have them on my FJ. The Grabber AT2s are just as good IMO. The only real difference is:

GRABBER AT2s - Studdable, 2 ply sidewall, 60,000 Mile Warranty

BFG A/Ts - higher load rating, 3 ply sidewall, No Mileage Warranty

Bear in mind, just because tires are inexpensive, doesn't mean they are cheap. Several guys at Discount Tire commented on how much they liked the Grabber AT2s, that they or friends have them, and most people don't know the true value of them because they are so much less than other tires. They also pointed out the brand loyalty to BFG (which I was guilty of myself).
Old 03-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #14
a89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
a89aries's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing that scared me away from the Grabber at2 was the E load rating. I was my nice soft C rating!