Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

does anyone have GROUND HAWG tires on their truck?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
tacoscoop is on a distinguished road
tacoscoop's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone have GROUND HAWG tires on their truck?

The tires used to be mfg. by Denman and now I think they mght be made by Interco...Does anyone have them on their truck? If so , please post a pic. Thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
I would never buy something with such a stupid name. Nor would I buy anything with "dawg" in it or any other spelling that would make me look stupid having it on my car.

BUt also, I've never heard of em. Never saw anyone mention it.
Looking it up, looks like an off road tire.. something for jeeps and such.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
BartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of light
BartStar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoscoop View Post
The tires used to be mfg. by Denman and now I think they mght be made by Interco...Does anyone have them on their truck? If so , please post a pic. Thanks
http://offroad-tires-direct.com/4whe...GNDHWGTire.jpg

I love that old fashioned tread design, that would be a perfect tread for the way I drive, that type of tread will get good traction driving in the snow covered, unplowed left lane at high speed.
yes, I am that jerk that passes up everybody in the snow covered left lane
Old 02-27-2011, 06:39 AM   #4
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that's a name I haven't heard of in a very long time.....

I worked with a guy many years ago the had them on his Dodge Ram. They were very large, had a very aggressive lug design, and were very loud on the road.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:03 AM   #5
tacoscoop is on a distinguished road
tacoscoop's Tacoma Gallery
Back in the late 70's my dad had a set of 14/35-15 Hawgs on a '78 ford and I alway thought they looked cool. I liked the directional lug pattern and the big bubble type letters on the side. It looks like they are still made, but the side logo has changed since interco started making them.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
TUVAI is on a distinguished road

TUVAI's Tacoma Gallery
thats some old school tires, there pretty loud on the road, but good in the mountains!