Notices

New Nokian Tires, what do ya think?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
grist is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
grist's Tacoma Gallery
New Nokian Tires, what do ya think?

Brand new Nokian 265 70 17. Good bye Bridgestone Dueler H/T !!
Attached Thumbnails
New Nokian Tires, what do ya think?-110_2259.jpg   New Nokian Tires, what do ya think?-110_2258.jpg   New Nokian Tires, what do ya think?-110_2257.jpg  
Old 02-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice, but I think you're a couple months too late! Snow's going away soon...
Old 02-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
Taco Truck Noob
Jefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Jefenator's Tacoma Gallery
How do they handle?
Old 02-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
grist's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefenator View Post
How do they handle?
I havent had the chance to run them on the highway yet but they seem to be a improvement so far. Its like I have a grip on the road and I like the look better than the duelers for sure. As soon as I get on the highway I will let you know.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
I had vatiiva's on my 04 Reg Cab 4x4. On the highway, there is NO vibration from the tread- they have a pretty solid line in the center of the treads. In rain and snow, they're great. That's my next tire too. How much were they and from where? I've got the Sport as well... 17" tires are PRICEY!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
Never heard of them.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:25 AM   #9
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They're Scandinavian- they put them on Volvos to get thru all the fantastic weather they have over there. Last set I bought- they have a 60,000 mile rating, and you get a 30 day return policy- try them and if you hate them, they go back! And, they have a pro-rated warranty. I worked at a Volvo dealer a while back- people would drive on their flats and come in with just the tread on a rim and get $ toward new ones. That was a few years back and things may be different. Great tires!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:39 AM   #10
grist's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogeyphenogey View Post
I had vatiiva's on my 04 Reg Cab 4x4. On the highway, there is NO vibration from the tread- they have a pretty solid line in the center of the treads. In rain and snow, they're great. That's my next tire too. How much were they and from where? I've got the Sport as well... 17" tires are PRICEY!
They where 740.00 OTD with free rotation ,balancing and nitrogen. Jack Williams is the dealer.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:51 AM   #11
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerman View Post
Never heard of them.
x2, must be a northern thing.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:32 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Nope, I hadn't heard of them til I got on this site...
Old 02-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #13
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Might be...I qualify to say this because I'm originally a southerner...Air Force brought me to Alaska...is this is where I'll stay!

Up here Nokian is popular for studded winter tires, but their all season tires are awesome too. Buddy of mine put a set of Nokian all seasons on his Tundra. He loves them and they have performed great on snow/ice this winter (without studs).
Old 02-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #14
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
My local & largest Toyota Dealer puts that exact tire on all their certified Used Toyota trucks & SUVs.
I see a lot of tacomas with that AT tire up here.

Nokian Hakkapelitas are a very popular winter tire here too but pricey.
I have used them in the past on a few cars & a truck.
The company even makes studded snow tires for bicycles.

So to the OP you have a great tire, keep us up to date on long term review & wear.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #15
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogeyphenogey View Post
They are expensive...I think my friend spent in the $1000 range. But over the years I've learned that the right tires are a critical part of the safety equation on any vehicle. I don't go cheap on tires, but I will look for the best price on the tires I want. I research the tire I want first, then shop for the best price on that tire. Got my Bridgestone Blizzaks "buy 3 get one free" early last fall. BTW...ran both Nokian and Hankook studded tires for 8 years (since getting to Alaska)...the Bridgestone Blizzak studless beat any studded tire I've ever run.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #16
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
I have 21k on the Vativa's on mine. Still have plenty of tread left. Not a bad tire, and the price was decent.

Mike
Old 02-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #17
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

x3
Old 03-01-2011, 03:33 AM   #18

When i traded in my 04 tacoma, my Vatiiva's had about 30,000 miles on them and they still had 8/32" tread depth! Great choice.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #19
rjlem has much to be proud ofrjlem has much to be proud ofrjlem has much to be proud ofrjlem has much to be proud ofrjlem has much to be proud ofrjlem has much to be proud ofrjlem has much to be proud ofrjlem has much to be proud ofrjlem has much to be proud of
Name: Rick
rjlem's Tacoma Gallery
I ran Nokians on my '02 Extended cab, huge improvement over the stock BS.

I have had nothing but good luck with them; dealer network is a bit thin, although lots of higher end import dealers can get them.

I have used Nokians on and off for over 25 years now, including full snow tires on our passenger cars (they were the hot ticket for ice slaloms before the Blizzak came out) and I will probably get them to replace the Dunlops on my new Reg cab 4WD.

Rick
Old 03-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #20
grist's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Very nice, but I think you're a couple months too late! Snow's going away soon...
Thanks but not quite. Just got our 4th snow since I put them on. Woke up to 8 inches plus this morning, 3 to 5 later tonight. It will melt fast.