LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheel Spacers

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 05:53 AM   #1
jfrost007 is a jewel in the roughjfrost007 is a jewel in the roughjfrost007 is a jewel in the roughjfrost007 is a jewel in the rough

Coast Guard: Marine Science Technician
Name: Jason
jfrost007's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel Spacers

I was looking into getting some wheel spacers. Also lookin to save some money. Would you get these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHEEL...Q5fAccessories
Old 03-01-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
there is a thread on here with a guy selling a set of 4 spidertrax for $100. may want to look into that.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:10 AM   #3
jfrost007 is a jewel in the roughjfrost007 is a jewel in the roughjfrost007 is a jewel in the roughjfrost007 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by my08yoyo View Post
there is a thread on here with a guy selling a set of 4 spidertrax for $100. may want to look into that.
WHERE AT. ILL BUY EM!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
do a search for "for sale spidertrak spacers"
Old 03-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
They are sold, looked earlier today.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
I was looking at wheelspacers on Ebay a few days ago as well as I'm in the need. Any input on the above spacers in the link would be great.

From this link, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...em=#vi-content , I see that the material used is the same that Spidertrax uses- 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum, so I can't see why going with one of these cheaper costing spacers would be a bad idea.
I was thinking the same thing. Does anyone have any input on the Ebay Spacers?
Old 03-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #8
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrost007 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Does anyone have any input on the Ebay Spacers?
Only thing I can see different is the dark blue anodizing on the spidertrax that helps prevent corrosion. The Ebay site doesn't speak of this second anodizing process. Maybe the spidertrax would be the way to go for a long run? I'm only gonna use my spacers until I can afford some backspaced wheels so maybe going cheaper would suit me short term- up to year.

I'm getting closer and closer to wanting to pull the trigger on the Ebay spacers, but another member was telling me where I can get some for cheap locally in San Diego. I'll try to scratch up more info.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see that the material used is the same that Spidertrax uses- 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum, so I can't see why going with one of these cheaper costing spacers would be a bad idea.
Quote:
Only thing I can see different is the dark blue anodizing on the spidertrax that helps prevent corrosion.
The difference is that Spidertrax wheel spacers are hub-centric, which reduces the chance of any vibes.

I see no reference to the hub bore size on the ebay spacers, or any mention that they are hub-centric.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ah so does hub-centric mean it lays directly onto the wheel with no gap in between itself and the wheel? Thanks for the input, KPT!
It means the spacer lays directly on the hub with no gap. In order for the wheel to then also lay on the spacer with no gap, the wheels themselves would also have to be hub-centric.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Great explanation, KPT. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll give them a call or email and see what they say about it being hub centric. Thanks again.
If they claim that they are hub centric...make sure you ask what the hub bore size is. Chevy's, Toyotas, and some Nissans all have the same bolt pattern, but not the same hub bore size. That's why I suspect these generic spacers are non-hubcentric.