Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

If possible.. Specs needed please

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2011, 06:23 AM   #1
INAKOMA08
InaKoma08 will become famous soon enoughInaKoma08 will become famous soon enough

InaKoma08's Tacoma Gallery
If possible.. Specs needed please

I work with a brother and he has a 2010 4x4 Tacoma with the TRD package and he wants to put 20" rims on it. I told him I was on a forum and would check for him. I was wondering if this set up is possible with no lift.. will it rub.. what would be the proper backspacing and tire size if it will work. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #2
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Tell him to get on the board and ask himself. NO soup for you.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #3
INAKOMA08
InaKoma08 will become famous soon enoughInaKoma08 will become famous soon enough

InaKoma08's Tacoma Gallery
I understand where your coming from. Anyone else? Just trying to help a friend out.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by InaKoma08 View Post
I understand where your coming from. Anyone else? Just trying to help a friend out.
alright, I'll help. I don't know exact measurements, but a source that will email you right back and fast is the guys from tirerack.com . Let them know what size rim and they will tell you what size tire you can put on. I did it a few times and they were very helpful despite me not buying tires from them afterall.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
if he gets rims with 4.5" backspacing, he should be able to fit 285/50/20's. Those are 31.5" rims, so they aren't tall enough to hit the uca, even in the 285 width.

Or he could run 265/55/20 with 4.5" to 5.5" backspacing.