Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

tire pressures

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
redtacoma is on a distinguished road
redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
tire pressures

just wondering what tire pressure i should run i have nitto terra grabbers 285-65-18 i do all highway and street driving hardly any offroad.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
35-40
Old 03-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Do the chalk test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Chalk line test. Anything else is just a guess. Ideal pressure varies from tire to tire....Even among the same size tire.

Draw a chalk line across the treads...Drive a couple 100 feet...See where the chalk is worn away. If it's even-Good pressure. If the middle is worn and the sides are still chalky...Too much pressure. If the sides are worn and the middle is chalky...Too little pressure. Get even wear on all 4 tires and then adjust from there for ride/mpgs if you want.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
_
Old 03-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #7
redtacoma is on a distinguished road
redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
In my defense thats how i bought the truck with those tires.
and what is the chalk test.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtacoma View Post
In my defense thats how i bought the truck with those tires.
and what is the chalk test.
http://www.jeepfan.com/tech/tire-pressure-chalk.php
Old 03-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #9
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I've only had mine a week and I'm still playing with where I like the tire pressure, but currently I'm running 34 front, 32 rear. Previous owner ran 27 all the way around. I left them there and got to the house and aired them up. It felt like I was riding on 4 mushy marshmallows.