Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire ? for Canadian taco owners

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Tire ? for Canadian taco owners

My truck is an 01 reg cab 4x4.

Just restored a set of 93 15" 4Runner aluminum rims (love these classic rims!!) and will mount 31x10.5x15 tires this spring.

Currently running new 265 70 R16 Pirrelli Scorpion ice & snow as winters on my stock blacked out steelies.

Therefore ice and snow traction is not important for my summer tires.

Really thinking about BFG AT's but also considering "Wrangler Territory" that is only available at Can. Tire....they are only $155 each (always on sale) versus $205 for BFG AT.

My question is ....how are the Wrangler Territory tires ? Are they almost as good as the Wrangler Duratracs or BFG AT or should I stay away from them.

Thanks for any replies!
Old 03-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
if you can get the duratracs at a decent price i would go for them.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

BFG AT or GY Duratrac?

Thanks guys,

Well, I have ruled out the Wrangler Territorys.

Called my local Tirecraft shop today and got some prices on 31x10.5x15

Duratracs....$195 each....also a $10 per tire rebate available till mid March from Goodyear....therefore same price.

BFG AT KO...$185 each

Since I have winter tires/rims...which should I choose for summer tires?? 10% offroad...10% gravel roads...80% hiway

Thanks for any help in this decision!
Old 03-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
Project.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Project.paradigm's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a Kal Tire near you check out the Nokian Vativa. 265/70r15 will be cheaper than 31x10.5R15. 31's are usually 6ply. Why pay more for a heavier tire that costs more? My 0.02 cents. I sold my 31's and got 265s. (same size)
Old 03-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #7

Yes I like the Hankooks....I will check them out.

I will also research the Nokian's...thanks for the tips on the 265/70 15...did not know that the size was the same....lighter tire should equal better MPG!
Old 03-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Not interested in the Hankooks ?
OZ-T knows!

For the kind of conditions we rarely see in San Diego, but what you boys in the Great White North see all the time! Eh?