Notices

Need Experts on Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
gsufan89 is on a distinguished road
gsufan89's Tacoma Gallery
Need Experts on Wheels

Hey guys,

I'm new around here, trying to learn and find good ideas for my 2011 MGM TRD 4x4. I've seen a few guys with these wheels and really like them on my color! I found this ebay auction for them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ameri...ht_2509wt_1165

Being new to the Tacoma world I'm not to keen on the wheel specifications even after reading over the sticky's at the top of the page. I think these wheels will fit but I wanted to check with my more knowledgeable peers.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsufan89 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm new around here, trying to learn and find good ideas for my 2011 MGM TRD 4x4. I've seen a few guys with these wheels and really like them on my color! I found this ebay auction for them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ameri...ht_2509wt_1165

Being new to the Tacoma world I'm not to keen on the wheel specifications even after reading over the sticky's at the top of the page. I think these wheels will fit but I wanted to check with my more knowledgeable peers.

Thanks
They will be fine unless you want to run 285's., in which case 4.5" is best, like sandman said.

Also, some 16's hit the brake calipers, so you shoudl try to find someone on here running that wheel to confirm they don't rub.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
yup ^^^
Old 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
Thanks for the quick responses guys I really appreciate it! I'm trying to find them in 4.5 backspacing for that price. So far no luck.....
Old 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
x2 but isnt 5.5" still big though even if your running stock size???? correct me if i am wrong???

Stock rims are 5.5" backspacing, so he wont have any issues if he's just running 265's.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
sandman - Those are 4.5" backspacing with a 6 x 5.5 lug pattern

They will fit tacoma's - i have that set on mine right now - you might need to grind a tiny bit off your brake caliper, ( then you get to paint them whatever color you want!) haha

- i like these wheels alot i have had the same polished set and sold them to my buddy and got the black, they have never been a problem on my truck accept all the people wanting to buy them off me
Old 03-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
i dont think it will for our trucks its 4.5" Backspacing and the one i see is 5.5" i believe that will hit your control arms... unless u can get it in that size...
The auction says they are 4" backspacing. I don't see 5.5 on there.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #11
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnborder View Post

They will fit tacoma's - i have that set on mine right now - you might need to grind a tiny bit off your brake caliper, ( then you get to paint them whatever color you want!) haha

- i like these wheels alot i have had the same polished set and sold them to my buddy and got the black, they have never been a problem on my truck accept all the people wanting to buy them off me
ohh haha... my bad again....
Old 03-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnborder View Post

Crap i misread that too. They are actually 4.0" backspacing, not 4.5"

That might actually be too little backspacing. I've heard of people rubbing on the outside of the tire with 265's and 4.0 backspacing on stock suspension.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #15
So amidst all this will they work?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #16
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I think we've established that the following people cannot read:

-Me
-Sandman
-MxnBorder

Old 03-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

haha yes 4 " backspace!

- i have still thought about getting wheels spacers for the front on mine because they are sucked in a little bit more than the rear to start with. .

Old 03-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsufan89 View Post
So amidst all this will they work?
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
4.0 might actually be too little backspacing. I've heard of people rubbing on the outside of the tire with 265's and 4.0 backspacing on stock suspension.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Crap i misread that too. They are actually 4.0" backspacing, not 4.5"

That might actually be too little backspacing. I've heard of people rubbing on the outside of the tire with 265's and 4.0 backspacing on stock suspension.
Wow yall post fast! Thanks for the info!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #20

yes buddy they will work! get them lol!