Notices

im looking to put 285/75/16's bfg's a/t on my 03

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
mfkokoska is on a distinguished road
Name: matt
mfkokoska's Tacoma Gallery
im looking to put 285/75/16's bfg's a/t on my 03

i have an 03 taco with a 2.5 suspension lift. can i put 285/75/16's on, and if so will i have to do some cutting??
Attached Thumbnails
im looking to put 285/75/16's bfg's a/t on my 03-img_0610.jpg  
Old 03-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
You can if the back spacing is right on your wheels and you will have some cutting to do as well.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
You will need rims with 4.5 backspacing and may have to do minor cuttin and banging on the pinch weld. They will fit with little work done.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
how do i mesure the off set on my wheels

i bought my truck with dick cypek wheels. how do i know what the wheel back spacing is?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfkokoska View Post
i bought my truck with dick cypek wheels. how do i know what the wheel back spacing is?

I am not 100% sure how to do it. A few weeks ago I was asking the same thing and I did find good info on here. In the search option just type in backspacing and it will bring up a thread with a detailed write up on it. Or just google backspacing and it will tell you how.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lay something level across the back of the rim, and measure the distance between the rim mounting surface and the back edge of the rim.

you can also calculate the backspacing if you know the rim width and offset.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #7
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
I layed a straight edge, yard stick or Similar across the back of the rim, and measured with a measuring tape or ruler from the bottom of the straight edge to the center on the wheel. That let me know my backspacing.

^^^ beat me to it lol
Old 03-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
wheel backspacing

what does et-12 mean? it was on the inside of my rim. will that allow me to put 285/75/16's on?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what does et-12 mean? it was on the inside of my rim. will that allow me to put 285/75/16's on?
That depends on the rim width...If the rims are 9" wide, then -12 offset is 4.5" backspacing, and you are good to go.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
wtf another thread