Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Cab Mount Chopping

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2011, 02:27 AM   #1
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Cab Mount Chopping

Ok so I started to do a cab mount chop today. I did the driver side and I'm glad I added the clearance. But... What is the adverse effects of cutting those welds? Also, I only gained less then an inch of clearance. How are you guys fitting 35's without more lift? I have about 3 inches right now. I will be adding a new plate bumper before new wheels. Here is a pic of me cutting and tomorow I will add more for sure. My cutting wheel needs to be replaced!

Old 03-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleblond View Post
How are you guys fitting 35's without more lift? I have about 3 inches right now.
All the guys who have 35's on 3" of lift have aftermarket front bumpers, and had to cut their fenders....the actual fender, not the liner....
Old 03-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
mattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of light
Name: matt
mattcombs's Tacoma Gallery
Or they have a 3 inch suspension and 3 inch body lift. post up a few more pics when u get time im planig on doing mine this when when i regear. what size tire are you rinning right now? thanks
Old 03-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #4
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I cut my cab mount back about an inch, have an aftermarket front bumper, removed the inner fender lining, pounded the pinch weld flat and grinder off about an inch of the actual fender.