Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #41
bonfire is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
bonfire's Tacoma Gallery
Just got the Geolanders and love them!
Old 07-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #42
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
willimatic's Tacoma Gallery
I have called a few discout tires in my area about the Hankooks (currently have geolanders) and they all have but ask what current tire I'm running and I tell them. All 4 places have said the geolander is a way better tire than the hankook, and cost less.

What's their reasoning to this? Seems to be quite a bit more dyanpros than geolander fans on this forum. I am close to needing new tires and I'm pretty set on the dyanpros but don't get why all the tire places in my area say go with geolanders hand down. They claim there is a lot more technology put into the geolanders.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:56 PM   #43
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by willimatic View Post
I have called a few discout tires in my area about the Hankooks (currently have geolanders) and they all have but ask what current tire I'm running and I tell them. All 4 places have said the geolander is a way better tire than the hankook, and cost less.

What's their reasoning to this? Seems to be quite a bit more dyanpros than geolander fans on this forum. I am close to needing new tires and I'm pretty set on the dyanpros but don't get why all the tire places in my area say go with geolanders hand down. They claim there is a lot more technology put into the geolanders.
maybe because a lot of hankooks are on backorder and they have the geolanders in stock
Old 07-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #44
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
willimatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosport View Post
maybe because a lot of hankooks are on backorder and they have the geolanders in stock
I did think of that, but they had both in stock.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:40 AM   #45
KBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (DD-214), 3d Marine Division
Name: Kurt
KBToyota's Tacoma Gallery
All I can say is I had the Geolanders on my 06 Tundra and they were a great mild tire. Tire wear was great, rode smooth, great wet and dry traction and very good in the snow, I had the truck in Maine and the 2009/2010 winter in virginia. If your looking for an all season tire and dont offroad this would be a great tire. Cheaper than a lot of the others too.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #46
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hankooks were once in stock at Discount Tire, and they even quoted me a price saying they will get them in... after several calls, the salesman at Discount said the Hankook line was discontinued because of poor performance (a lie) as he wanted to sell me the Yokahama or Falkins he had... I drove to an independeant dealer nearer to my home who had plenty of Hankooks in stock... I am so happy I didn't believe the Discount Tire BS.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #47
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
at the moment between the two, the dynapros will cost $210 more "out the door" from Discount for a set of 285/70/17. Would it be a better investment for the dynapros or go with geolanders and spend the $200 elsewhere.

Edit: I wheel the same terrain that DavidK does beach, desert washes, ect.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #48
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
No, don't spend $200 more... Find a better price for the Dynapros somewhere else, or get the Yokohamas... some here love them.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #49
Superdavert is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Superdavert's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the Hankook's for a month now and love them. Exceeded my expectations. Don't pay more than $200. Mine were $190 and I have 275/55 20's.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #51
VSC blows
MJF will become famous soon enoughMJF will become famous soon enough

Army: 82nd Airborne
MJF's Tacoma Gallery
Yokahama

Here are my new Geolanders. $131.00 each The pictures do not do them justice. They look more aggressive in person. So far they are quiet and smooth. This weekend I'll see how they do on the trail.
Attached Thumbnails
Hankook versus Yokohama-dsc01298.jpg   Hankook versus Yokohama-dsc01304.jpg  
Old 09-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #52
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post
Here are my new Geolanders. $131.00 each The pictures do not do them justice. They look more aggressive in person. So far they are quiet and smooth. This weekend I'll see how they do on the trail.
What size tires did you put on your truck.
I am thinkin about 265 70 17s , i hate the duler ht tires that came on my sport model!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #53
VSC blows
MJF will become famous soon enoughMJF will become famous soon enough

Army: 82nd Airborne
MJF's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are 265/70/17. One of the reasons I bought these is I know they work great in sand washes.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #54
-TACOMBO-
mh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mh3kgt's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the Hankooks in 285 and lovin em
Old 10-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #55
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook FTW
Old 11-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #56
bt08231 has a spectacular aura aboutbt08231 has a spectacular aura about

bt08231's Tacoma Gallery
1k miles on my geolandars, they are great, give them serious thought, love them
Old 11-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #57
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Close to 10K on my Hankooks and they're wearing well. Can't wait to get into some snow and slush with these things!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #58
partsdude is on a distinguished road

partsdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
go with the hankooks, you wont be dissapointed. i know i wasnt

Hey D___D what size are you running?
Old 11-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #59
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a set of hankook dynapro ATM . I was tempted to order nittos cause they look badass . But I had hankook ATM on my 4runner and after 10k the tires looked new . I had to go with the hankook a again .