Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

MT tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
Jmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Scout
Name: James
Jmartin89's Tacoma Gallery
MT tires

anybody running the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs thinking about buying a set wanted to know how they ride
Old 03-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Keep researching... It was a tire I had considered but as an AT not an MT... The Baja MTZ is the mud tire from Mickey Thompson.

Anyway, from reading many reports I discovered they are very loud on the highway (The ATZ), and I did not want to hear my tires again (as I had with Cooper STTs).

Four Wheeler Magazine (April 2011) just did a "Massive Mud Tire Shootout" and tested 10 mud tires... The winner was Hankook Dynapro MT (to their surprise). 2nd place went to Goodyear Wrangler MT'R with Kevlar. 3rd place to Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
Gunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Jim
Gunner23's Tacoma Gallery
I just switched from ATZ's to MTZ's. Aside from an overall more aggressive look, I think they actually ride better and are quieter than the ATZ's. Neither are going to be really quiet, but the ATZ's just seemed excessively loud at anything over 40 mph.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #4
Jmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Scout
Name: James
Jmartin89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner23 View Post
I just switched from ATZ's to MTZ's. Aside from an overall more aggressive look, I think they actually ride better and are quieter than the ATZ's. Neither are going to be really quiet, but the ATZ's just seemed excessively loud at anything over 40 mph.
well im not to worried about the noise but do they ride smooth