Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Where have all the BFG Mud Terrains gone??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Nate7747 is a jewel in the roughNate7747 is a jewel in the roughNate7747 is a jewel in the roughNate7747 is a jewel in the rough
Air Force: Medic/Prior Security Forces
Name: Nathan
Nate7747's Tacoma Gallery
Where have all the BFG Mud Terrains gone??

Hey all,
I tried to order a set of 285/70R17 BFG Mud Terrains today and they are gone! I called about five diferent tire dealers including local guys and even the auto shop guys on the base and they are out of production.

Anyone know of anything else that is comparable? I always thought these tires were the best personally.

Any opinions on the following:

Cooper STT (Local guy said he could get these not problem)
Firestone Destination M/T
Kelley Fierce Attitude M/T (I kind of like these)
Nitto Mud Grappler M/T (Not sure if I can get these in 285/70R17

Thanks all for your opinions.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
dunno but cant go wrong with any you listed below
Old 03-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The BFG KM was replaced by the KM2's roughly 2 years ago now.
Of the ones mentioned above, i'd probably vote for the cooper stt's
Old 03-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #6
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
yep...You may get lucky and find someone whos got new old stock of the original M/T's, but the new mud terrains look SIIIICK..If I had a beater I wouldnt hesitate to put them on my truck.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
Nate7747 is a jewel in the roughNate7747 is a jewel in the roughNate7747 is a jewel in the roughNate7747 is a jewel in the rough
Air Force: Medic/Prior Security Forces
Name: Nathan
Nate7747's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, I guess I should have added the KM2. I know that the original mud terrains werer replaced, but it is the KM2s that no one has in stock, anywhere. I have now called all retailers I could find, no distributers have the KM2 285/70R17 at all, one guy said they have stopped production for some reason and there is no current time that production on the KM2 will start back up. I am leaning toward the Cooper STT, I think.

Sucks, because I loved by 265/70 KM2s, but they would not fit on my new wheels.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto Trail Grapplers look badass, but I haven't heard many reviews yet. You should check those out
Old 03-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #9
Badwin45 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Badwin45's Tacoma Gallery
4wheel & offroad had a review of the Nittos and the Mickeys here: http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techart...est/index.html

They may have reviews of the others you mentioned.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Shitty to hear.

Out of the two, I'd go for the Cooper STT or the Firestone Destination.

Both get really good reviews on 4wheelers.

And honestly MT MTZs are made by Cooper so they're almost the same tire.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #11
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Must be the size. I had problems finding a set of 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs recently. I finally found a shop about 30 miles away from my house who was able to get a set.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #12
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...er-review.html
Old 03-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #13
#1 Member
Tacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud of

Name: Hunter
Tacofanatic05''s Tacoma Gallery
Hey check out the Cooper Discoverer St! I have these tires and they are basically mud tires and they also wear great on pavement. I have had these tires for almost 20,000 and i can barely even tell they have wore at all! These are great tires for the money!!!

This pic is when i had over 5000 miles on the tires.