Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How many miles do you have on your Duratracs?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
Wasatch Quad is on a distinguished road
Wasatch Quad's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles do you have on your Duratracs?

Lets see who has the most miles on their duratracs.

Would you buy them again?

And yes I have read all 48 pages of the other thread..........
Old 03-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I've got about 1000 miles on mine and have ZERO regrets. These Duratracs run circles around my old POS BFG A/T KOs....
Old 03-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #3
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
15k, rotated every 3k, no significant wear visible, love em!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
I've got somewhere between 30-35k miles on mine. Rotated every 5k miles, they look like they are wearing now but I should be able to get another 10-15k easily.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
I'm only at about 6K. Still lovin em.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #6
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
I've got about 1000 miles on mine and have ZERO regrets. These Duratracs run circles around my old POS BFG A/T KOs....
X2 lol only 1,000 miles
Old 03-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #8
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
About sixK. They good.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #9
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
just a hair under 35K
F'ed up and forgot to rotate them and now the two that were on the front are a little more worn than the others but I suspect I will still get at least 40 or 45 thousand out of them.
Probably the best all around tire I have ever owned.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #10
Taco Vender is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
Taco Vender's Tacoma Gallery
How's the road noise with the Duratracs? Does anyone notice a floating feeling on the highway?
Old 03-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #11
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Vender View Post
How's the road noise with the Duratracs? Does anyone notice a floating feeling on the highway?
They are very quiet for how agressive they look
Old 03-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #12
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
They are very quiet for how agressive they look
I agree. definite slight hum, more so than AT such as Nitto TG. I run mine with 42 front and 40 rear for mpgs, but probably dumb since they feel a little skiddish with hard braking. No floating feeling otherwise, seem like nice sturdy sidewall carcass for a load c.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:20 AM   #13
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Vender View Post

^I agree no floating feeling at all. I also have the Load C range and the sidewalls are pretty stiff they feel very stable at high speeds and in the curves. Surprisingly they are pretty quiet for being an aggressive A/T. There is a very SLIGHT hum, but it's not over bearing you can barely hear it. I drive long distance highway commutes and I would not keep these tires on if they were uncomfortable to ride in. My gas mileage has gone down a little though, that would be my only complaint but that's to be expected with an A/T like this.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #14
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
No floating feeling. Adjust your tire pressure. When I'm aired down they definitely float on the road.

I have less than 1k miles on my 285's. I had about 27k on my 265's I sold a few weeks ago and they had about 3/8" of tread depth left compared to the 5/8" they had when new. I rotate every 5k miles when i change the oil.

Yes they are a little noisy but no any noisier than BFG AT's I have had in the past.

I love them offroad, they clean out very easily with a little wheelspin in the mud. Great traction for rocks too.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #15
Taco Vender is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
Taco Vender's Tacoma Gallery
Good to year! I'm asking because my Dad is looking to get new A/T's for his Taho. I have Toyo A/T's on my Tacoma, and was wondering how a more aggressive tire rides. What would you guys reccomed for a full size Taho? The need for the A/T tread--is snow driving.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #16
Wasatch Quad is on a distinguished road
Wasatch Quad's Tacoma Gallery
Back on track.......

Looks like we have 2 people with about 35k and both are still happy with the tire.

Has anybody wore out a set yet?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #17
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch Quad View Post
Back on track.......

Looks like we have 2 people with about 35k and both are still happy with the tire.

Has anybody wore out a set yet?
I will get back to you in a couple months.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #18
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
I'm at 13k. Bald ass hell need new tires. Will not buy again. I had a rock, a small non pointy rock the other day penitrate my tire and embed itself into the rubber. Great off road traction...while they lasted. Id look into the hankook dynapro m/t. After hours and hours of researching this time around it was a draw in between those and the dick cepek fcll's both have better reviews than the durtracs and cost around 20-30 bucks less per tire
Old 03-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #19
I feel so Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
I'm at 13k. Bald ass hell need new tires. Will not buy again. I had a rock, a small non pointy rock the other day penitrate my tire and embed itself into the rubber. Great off road traction...while they lasted. Id look into the hankook dynapro m/t. After hours and hours of researching this time around it was a draw in between those and the dick cepek fcll's both have better reviews than the durtracs and cost around 20-30 bucks less per tire
WOW! 13K?! that sucks! sorry to hear that man.
If you don't mind me asking did you get them rotate and what pressure were you running?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #20
Captspaulding1000 is on a distinguished road
Captspaulding1000's Tacoma Gallery
i am at 8000 kms and they are showing little or no wear. rotated at 6000 kms. still happy with the purchase.