Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Dick Cepek DC 2 wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
bharv88 is on a distinguished road
bharv88's Tacoma Gallery
Dick Cepek DC 2 wheels?

Hey everyone, I'm new, so sorry if I'm asking a question thats already been asked or if its a dumb question but I just got a 2011 acess cab 4x4 2.7L and I was wondering how far the Dick Cepek DC 2 wheels will stick out of the fender well? They have a -12 offset but I'm not sure what the stock Tacoma wheel has. If these won't work, does anyone have any suggestions for what might and what tires to go with to give a more full fender well look? Thanks for any info?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharv88 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new, so sorry if I'm asking a question thats already been asked or if its a dumb question but I just got a 2011 acess cab 4x4 2.7L and I was wondering how far the Dick Cepek DC 2 wheels will stick out of the fender well? They have a -12 offset but I'm not sure what the stock Tacoma wheel has. If these won't work, does anyone have any suggestions for what might and what tires to go with to give a more full fender well look? Thanks for any info?
It depends on the width and backspacing. And you can't calculate backspacing without offset and width......so...what width wheels are you looking at?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
bharv88 is on a distinguished road
bharv88's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking at the 16x8
Old 03-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
An 8" wide wheel with -12 offset has a backspacing of 4". Stock backspacing is 5.5", so the wheels will stick out 1.5" more than stock due to backspacing alone. The wheel is also 1" wider than stock, so in total, they will stick out 2.5" more than stock.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine, also 16x8. They are one of the lighter options out ther out 20 pounds each which is important to mpgs. They do stick out about 1" past outer fender flare but give an awesome aggressive stance. I am lifted 2" with 5100s and rear aal and running 265/75/16 Duratracs and had to remove front flaps and do minor plastic trimming to avoid rubbing. Check out my pics. Haven't had any problems with paint chipping along sides at 15k with this set up. I do wish they were a little more black and less silver, but overall very pleased a d get lots of compliments.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
It depends on the width and backspacing. And you can't calculate backspacing without offset and width......so...what width wheels are you looking at?
The stock width is 7"? I thought it was 8?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #7
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
An 8" wide wheel with -12 offset has a backspacing of 4". Stock backspacing is 5.5", so the wheels will stick out 1.5" more than stock due to backspacing alone. The wheel is also 1" wider than stock, so in total, they will stick out 2.5" more than stock.
is 5.5 BS the same for 1st gen?
Old 03-08-2011, 04:13 AM   #8
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
The stock width is 7"? I thought it was 8?
I'm pretty sure it is 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuket View Post
is 5.5 BS the same for 1st gen?
No 4.5" BS is stock for a first gen.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #9
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No 4.5" BS is stock for a first gen.
oh, thanks!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
ILikeTacosToo is on a distinguished road

Navy: SLJO
Name: Kyle
ILikeTacosToo's Tacoma Gallery
I was told by 4wheelparts that the dc2 16x8 won't fit my taco because the brake caliper is too big. Is this true? Anyone have these on there truck without grinding down any metal on the calipers?
Old 12-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeTacosToo View Post
I was told by 4wheelparts that the dc2 16x8 won't fit my taco because the brake caliper is too big. Is this true? Anyone have these on there truck without grinding down any metal on the calipers?
It is a good rule of thumb to believe the exact opposite of anything 4wp says.

They will will fit fine.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #12
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah no worries on fitment
Old 12-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #13
ILikeTacosToo is on a distinguished road

Navy: SLJO
Name: Kyle
ILikeTacosToo's Tacoma Gallery
Haha. Thanks for the 4wheelparts advice. Couldn't beat the price but I think in the future ill steer clear. Glad to hear they will fit. Can I get my tire pressure sensors in the dc2s?
Old 12-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #14
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeTacosToo View Post
Haha. Thanks for the 4wheelparts advice. Couldn't beat the price but I think in the future ill steer clear. Glad to hear they will fit. Can I get my tire pressure sensors in the dc2s?
Yes, they will swap right over.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #15
xTACOMAx is on a distinguished road
xTACOMAx's Tacoma Gallery
I have a question to, I was wondering how far would the 17x9 would stick out? its the dick cepek dc2 the offset is -12 and backspacing is 4.5