Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire & wheel advice for 3" Toytec Ultimate lift..

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
koakai29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoakai29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoakai29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoakai29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoakai29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoakai29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoakai29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoakai29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoakai29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoakai29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoakai29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: 34' Patrol Leader
Name: Brandon
koakai29's Tacoma Gallery
Tire & wheel advice for 3" Toytec Ultimate lift..

Hello again gents,

Thanks in advance for any/all (helpful) guidance and advice. I have a 2010 double cab TRD sport, and use it to commute 400+ miles a week. I'm also a recently disabled vet, so ride while commuting is important. I want to add bushwacker flares, lift 3" and add wheels/tires. So, I'm leaning towards the Toytec Ultimate lift and the UCA's. I currently have OEM alloy 17x7.5, 5.5 bs, 42mm offset, on 265's, of course no rubbing offroad (hunting/camping).

I'm looking at 17x8, zero offset, 4.5 bs, and want to know how big of tires I can mount w/o cutting, etc., to avoid rubbing and still have them look good, i.e., equal with or wider than flares (which looks good, IMHO)..

Thanks again...
Old 03-09-2011, 04:25 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by koakai29 View Post
Hello again gents,

Thanks in advance for any/all (helpful) guidance and advice. I have a 2010 double cab TRD sport, and use it to commute 400+ miles a week. I'm also a recently disabled vet, so ride while commuting is important. I want to add bushwacker flares, lift 3" and add wheels/tires. So, I'm leaning towards the Toytec Ultimate lift and the UCA's. I currently have OEM alloy 17x7.5, 5.5 bs, 42mm offset, on 265's, of course no rubbing offroad (hunting/camping).

I'm looking at 17x8, zero offset, 4.5 bs, and want to know how big of tires I can mount w/o cutting, etc., to avoid rubbing and still have them look good, i.e., equal with or wider than flares (which looks good, IMHO)..

Thanks again...
If you aren't willing to cut, then even with the lift and the 4.5" backspacing, you still can only fit 265/70/17.

If you trim some of the fender well plastic, and possibly chop the cab mount, you can fit 285/70/16.