Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Having a hard time deciding PLEASE HELP!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
stattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant future
Name: Statton
stattonmw's Tacoma Gallery
Having a hard time deciding PLEASE HELP!

So putting a set of new wheels and tires along with a revtek and I cant make up my mind on which wheels to go with.

Its a black 2011 trd sport! Here are the options:

MKW M19 black 18x9 with +10mm ofset and 5.39" backspace

Procomp extreame alloy series 7031 all black 18x9 with 0mm offset 5" BS

XD series matte black addict 18x9 -12mm offset with 4.5 BS or 18mm offset and 5.71 BS

Old 03-10-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
id go with the xds
Old 03-10-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
XD series look the best IMO.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
I <3 the mall
luk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to beholdluk3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: luke
luk3's Tacoma Gallery
1st ones are sick!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
Rad Red Prerunner
eccracer104 has a spectacular aura abouteccracer104 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mike
eccracer104's Tacoma Gallery
1st- XDs
2nd- pro comp

im not sure, but i dont think the mkw's have the proper backspacing. those will sit further in the wheel well and rub the uca with larger tires. you want between 0 to -12mm offset / 4.5 - 5" backspacing
Old 03-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #8
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I like the pro-comps. If you're not blacked out, consider going with the polished 1031s.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #9
Rad Red Prerunner
eccracer104 has a spectacular aura abouteccracer104 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mike
eccracer104's Tacoma Gallery
- also if you like the look of the first ones, check the XD revolvers. those are what i have. similar to the first wheel.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
MKW

I like the first one
Can you go to Tire Rack or one of those sites that lets you see your vehicle (color and all) with the wheels on them.
That might help.
It helped me a lot.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #11
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, stock BS is 5.25. so that 1st and 3rd choice will put you even closer to the ucas than stock wheels. if you plan on a even slightly bigger tire, that's not gonna work. 4.5 BS is a good choice. also, i see that you're kinda new. you might want to reconsider the revtek lift. look up some of the reviews that people on here have said about it. yeah, it's cheap, but you get what you pay for and it's not gonna ride so great. not being an asshole, just telling you about some stuff before you waste your money like i did on some things.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #12
stattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant future
Name: Statton
stattonmw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
yeah, stock BS is 5.25. so that 1st and 3rd choice will put you even closer to the ucas than stock wheels. if you plan on a even slightly bigger tire, that's not gonna work. 4.5 BS is a good choice. also, i see that you're kinda new. you might want to reconsider the revtek lift. look up some of the reviews that people on here have said about it. yeah, it's cheap, but you get what you pay for and it's not gonna ride so great. not being an asshole, just telling you about some stuff before you waste your money like i did on some things.
What other options should I consider for around 3". Tire size I am looking at is 33x12.5
Old 03-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #13
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
I have a spacer right now, but have almost saved up for a new kit. I will be getting a complete OME lift for around $700. It costs more, but it is a much better lift. The spacer is not nice at all, trust me, I have one. Every bump feels huge and beats you to death. I am just trying to steer you away from spacers so you don't make that mistake like i did too. Consider the OME lift, bilstein shocks with eibach springs, and a few others. About everyone here agrees that OME is the best quality with the best ride for it's price. A spacer will just preload your coils 3'' more. On top of that, think about literally having your suspension with a big metal spacer in it; yeah, it's going to ride like that. Sure, it lifts it, but it's a cheap way to do it. Your shocks are also going to be too short, because of the height gained. They won't be able to dampen the blows your suspension takes because they are 3'' too short. An actual lift kit is going to have longer/stronger coils and longer shocks. I just want to keep you from messing up like I did and save you the trouble. It rides like shit, and you will regret it, even if you do just have street riding. A pot hole will feel like a crater. Check out toyteclifts.com. They have a few different types of lifts and lift components for our trucks.

Also, i don't know which of those wheels i like best, but just try to get them in 4.5 backspacing. that's going to save you some trouble in the future too, i promise.