Can I use TPMS and lugs from "steelies" on Gulf States Rims

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2011, 05:35 AM   #1
jfjacques is on a distinguished road
Name: JamesJ
jfjacques's Tacoma Gallery
Can I use TPMS and lugs from "steelies" on Gulf States Rims

Hi -

Looking into some gulf states rims and wondering if I can re-use the lugs and/or TPMS from my steelies on 2010 DC 4x4?

Assuming I should have no problems using the stock tires for now until budget allows a replacement of those.

Thanks for any input.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:40 AM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
The steel rims have a different angled sensor.
You can use a strap kit, build a pipe bomb, have the tire guys turn the sensors. Either way, you will have to break down your stock steel rims to get to the sensors then to do it to the other set if there is tires already mounted.
The ids off your steel sensors are programmed into the tpms ecu there is only room for 5 numbers.
If you buy just new rims, the strap kits work great, many members use them here and cost is aroun $50 plus whatever labor. A good tire shop should help you out.

As far as the lugs I have heard different info.
I know when I swap my tires/rims for winter, the lugs look different from oem steel rims to oem alloy. So I have a set for each.
The guys can explain it better.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The gulf states alloys take conical seat (acorn style) lugs.