Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How are Firestone Destination A/Ts on gas mileage?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
Vrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to behold
Vrbas's Tacoma Gallery
How are Firestone Destination A/Ts on gas mileage?

Got a few Q's if you don't mind. For starters, i'm not interested in lifts or going big on tires. I like the factory profile for the most part so I don't want to change it that much.

I'm looking at upgrading my 215/70/15 Dunlops to 225/75/15 Firestone Destination A/Ts...

- What should i be expecting with the change?
- Would this be a smart move if I'm MPG conscience but still would like to be able to handle the beaten path?

-
Are these tires going to fit on my factory rims? Think they will fill out the wheel well nicely?

Thanks for all the help in advance!
Old 03-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
im not big on firestone cant get over that blowup stuff 10 years ago but even before that im a bfg man nothing better than a set of bfg all terratin T/A
Old 04-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
Vrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to behold
Vrbas's Tacoma Gallery
anyone else?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at the Destination ATs as well, and ended up getting Hankook DynaPro ATms.

Might be worth a look to you.

Sorry, can't help with the gas mileage question...
Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
I have them, like them better so far over the BFGs. 265/70/16, MPG's have stayed the same, traction is way up over BFGs, noise level is great. Wear good 3k so far looking good. Trailer towing is also better, sidewalls seem stronger. I don't let what happened over the ford deal keep me from buying Firestones.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #6
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Firestones
Attached Thumbnails
How are Firestone Destination A/Ts on gas mileage?-2011-03-28-18.33.01.jpg  
Old 04-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
i've got a 1st gen, buuuuuttttt...

i've got 31x10.5 destination A/Ts, normally average around 19-20mpg.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #8
bcb97 is on a distinguished road
bcb97's Tacoma Gallery
I've had them on two of my trucks before and had no problems with them at all. They are great all around tires and the price is usually much better than its competitors. Good off road tires as well. I recommend them. Oh and MPG didn't hardly change at all....maybe 1 MPG.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #9
Vrbas's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, i'm looking for a tire that's both good on MPG and the trail. There seems to be a large following with the Destinations. Thanks for all your help!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #10
jayranger is on a distinguished road

Army: SSG
Name: Jay
jayranger's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine and they maintained the same MPG as the stock Ruggedfails. That's with going up to 265/75/16 also!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:56 AM   #11
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Did you check out the Tire Size Calculator?

I was a bit worried about a lot of the same issues as you are. From 215/70 to 225/75 is not a giant leap.

I haven't noticed any MPG loss with my 225s. Braking has been no different and It's not like I'm burning up my pads. Everything alignment stayed the same. It did not effect camber/caster at all. Wheel bearing shouldn't be a big concern. It's monster tires and a large wheel offset that get you into that trouble with bearings.

Truck shoulda come from the factory with 225s, they actually make it look like a truck and not a sweet looking truck on some chicken leg tires.