1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire size and rubbing help?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by taylorholt5, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Mar 12, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    taylorholt5

taylorholt5 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    California
    Vehicle:
    01 Prerunner SR5 TRD
    6 inch fabtech lift, trailer hitch unit, camper shell, k&n cold air intake, hankook mud terrain tires 35", bed liner, prerunner bar, hella off road lights, American Racing rims(black), rancho shocks, CB radio, Sony head unit.
    I have an 01 prerunner extracab, i love this truck. :D I have toyo open country tires that are about 32.7 inches tall, and about 11.2 inches wide. The problem is that the tires are way too skinny and it makes the truck look too tall and abruptly lifted. However when i stick my hand in between the tire and the knuckle there is no room. Should i just get wheel spacers or is that bad for the bearings? Or should I let the tires rub? Any solutions, im looking to get 33x12.50 tires if that helps at all. Thanks alot,
    Taylor

2. Mar 12, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    Nate7747

Nate7747 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Sport
    3" rough country lift, Black emblems, blacked out headlights, custom grill with grillcraft mesh grill and a FJ TOYOTA emblem, 130 watt KC off-road lights behind the grill, aFe CAI, Flowmaster 44 cat back dual exhaust, Pioneer 60wt amp, 10" sub, component speakers, and 7" touchscreen head unit, N-Fab steps coated with Rhino liner, studded 265/65R17 Hakka SUV tires for winter driving, new summer tires and wheels to come. Weather Tech floor mats.
    Get new wheels with a diferent offset. You can get some with 4.5 of backspace and put on something much wider. If they are constantly rubbing on the control arm you will probably destroy your tire in a short amount of time.

3. Mar 12, 2011 at 4:08 PM
    taylorholt5

taylorholt5 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    California
    Vehicle:
    01 Prerunner SR5 TRD
    6 inch fabtech lift, trailer hitch unit, camper shell, k&n cold air intake, hankook mud terrain tires 35", bed liner, prerunner bar, hella off road lights, American Racing rims(black), rancho shocks, CB radio, Sony head unit.
    Thanks alot nate, thats what i will probably end up doing, are the spacers costly? and are they bad for your bearings?

4. Mar 13, 2011 at 12:02 AM
    Nate7747

Nate7747 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Sport
    3" rough country lift, Black emblems, blacked out headlights, custom grill with grillcraft mesh grill and a FJ TOYOTA emblem, 130 watt KC off-road lights behind the grill, aFe CAI, Flowmaster 44 cat back dual exhaust, Pioneer 60wt amp, 10" sub, component speakers, and 7" touchscreen head unit, N-Fab steps coated with Rhino liner, studded 265/65R17 Hakka SUV tires for winter driving, new summer tires and wheels to come. Weather Tech floor mats.
    Spacers will run you about $200 for all four, but I have heard mixed ideas about how good they are or not. If you are on a budget I think they will be okay until you can get some wheels. If you have the cash a new set of wheels are always nice. Good luck, post some pix when you get it all put on.

Products Discussed in

To Top