Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Westley's Bleche Wt and Teflon wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2008, 05:28 AM   #1
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Westley's Bleche Wt and Teflon wheels

any of you guys with the Teflon wheel use Bleche White to clean your tires?

concerned with any affect on the coating
Old 11-08-2008, 04:20 AM   #3
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have the teflon wheels sock but on my old Tacoma I used to use bleach white and it seemed like after a few months it started to eat away at the finish on the wheels. I still use it then the tires are really dirty but I just spray it on the brush.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:32 AM   #4
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, i use it all the time on my tires too

i am eventually going to get the Mojave teflon wheels and was curious how they hold up to Westley's
Old 11-08-2008, 05:13 AM   #5
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
sock, I used bleech white when I had raised white letters, never had any issues. But my moms new car has the coated wheels and my dad and I talk about it.
If you use BW on the coalted wheels he stated "do not spray the tire, spray a wet brush and do the white area ONLY. Do the letters and then ASAP rinse COMPLETELY".
I consider my dad wise in alot of areas, and if he told me this he must of seen something or heard someone talk about it.
Personally if it is a concern, I would look into other items, simple green, or maybe even soft scrub.
I was concerned that is why I turn my letters facing inside....no worries.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:54 AM   #6
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
i quit using that stuff... too dangerous of a product IMO. Simple Green on the tires will work just fine and wont stain/affect ANY type of wheel.