1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Westley's Bleche Wt and Teflon wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by sockmonkey, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Sep 15, 2008 at 5:28 AM
    sockmonkey

sockmonkey [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Benbrook, SW Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2007 White Dbl Cab Pre-Runner
    Volant Ram Air intake,URD MAF calibrator, Mr Marv 10" sub box, Alpine HU, Alpine Amp, fog light mod, scan gauge II, RAAMmat front and rear doors, Wet Okole seat covers, blacked out dash. blacked out front bumper. American Racing Mojave Teflons wrapped with 265/70/16 Pathfinder AT. NST Lite Pulleys
    any of you guys with the Teflon wheel use Bleche White to clean your tires?

concerned with any affect on the coating

2. Nov 8, 2008 at 3:48 AM
    sockmonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Benbrook, SW Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    Volant Ram Air intake,URD MAF calibrator, Mr Marv 10" sub box, Alpine HU, Alpine Amp, fog light mod, scan gauge II, RAAMmat front and rear doors, Wet Okole seat covers, blacked out dash. blacked out front bumper. American Racing Mojave Teflons wrapped with 265/70/16 Pathfinder AT. NST Lite Pulleys
    bump

??

anybody?

3. Nov 8, 2008 at 4:20 AM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    Silverado Crew Cab Z71, 5.3 made from real Tornado's!
    A few additions to make me feel cool.
    I don't have the teflon wheels sock but on my old Tacoma I used to use bleach white and it seemed like after a few months it started to eat away at the finish on the wheels. I still use it then the tires are really dirty but I just spray it on the brush.

4. Nov 8, 2008 at 4:32 AM
    sockmonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Benbrook, SW Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    yeah, i use it all the time on my tires too

i am eventually going to get the Mojave teflon wheels and was curious how they hold up to Westley's

5. Nov 8, 2008 at 5:13 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    sock, I used bleech white when I had raised white letters, never had any issues. But my moms new car has the coated wheels and my dad and I talk about it.
    If you use BW on the coalted wheels he stated "do not spray the tire, spray a wet brush and do the white area ONLY. Do the letters and then ASAP rinse COMPLETELY".
    I consider my dad wise in alot of areas, and if he told me this he must of seen something or heard someone talk about it.
    Personally if it is a concern, I would look into other items, simple green, or maybe even soft scrub.
    I was concerned that is why I turn my letters facing inside....no worries.

6. Nov 8, 2008 at 5:54 AM
    Anthony

Anthony San Antonio Detailer :)

Member:
    Houston - Spring/Tomball area
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner access cab 2.7L M5
    Nfabs Afe Pro Dry UWS linex'd toolbox
    i quit using that stuff... too dangerous of a product IMO. Simple Green on the tires will work just fine and wont stain/affect ANY type of wheel.

Products Discussed in

To Top