Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

XD Series Hoss Center Caps = Garbage

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
UticaClub will become famous soon enoughUticaClub will become famous soon enough
Name: John
UticaClub's Tacoma Gallery
XD Series Hoss Center Caps = Garbage

So I've got XD Hoss 17" rims that are about six months old and the "chrome" centercaps are already flaking off. Anyone have the same problem and if so anyone have any luck getting them replaced? I wash my truck every other day at work, so I would expect the things to last a little longer than six months, regardless of the beating they take from the road salt up here. I'm definitely getting steel wheels before next winter.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Never had any problems with mine, maybe just paint them black. I'm sure the salt has a lot to do with it.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
mx355 will become famous soon enough
Name: Trent
mx355's Tacoma Gallery
I had them on my Jeep and KMC and Discount Tire said it was a user error by washing it at car wash. I was pissed and said XD is and off-road branch shouldnt be plastic or cheap made. Discount tire paid for replacements but that took a little to get it out of them. I love the Hoss wheels but the big long center caps and being plastic ruin the wheel. Should be flush.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
RedBull
orangedevil37 is on a distinguished road

Marines: 0351 Assualtman 3rd Battalion, 6th Marines
orangedevil37's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i have to agree mine are shit as well. I wanna get some metal or alluminum ones. Has any one painted theirs black?
Old 02-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #5
TruthInLies313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruthInLies313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruthInLies313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruthInLies313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruthInLies313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruthInLies313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruthInLies313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruthInLies313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruthInLies313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruthInLies313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruthInLies313 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Medical Technician
Name: Blaine
TruthInLies313's Tacoma Gallery
i have plasti dipped mine will get a pic today.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:39 AM   #6
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My old moto metal wheels I had on my last truck, the center caps did the same thing. They were made out of cheap "chrome" plastic. Good to know though the Hoss is my number 1 pick for wheels on my taco when ever I order.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #7
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
That's what happens when you buy flashy Bro wheels...

Oh wait did I just say that? Oops...
Old 02-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #8
RedBull

where can you get stuff plasti dipped?
Old 02-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedevil37 View Post
where can you get stuff plasti dipped?
it comes in a spray can.. lowes carries it I know.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #10
samhain will become famous soon enoughsamhain will become famous soon enough
Name: Brandon
samhain's Tacoma Gallery
U r washing your car too much
Old 02-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
RedBull

Sweet thanks. Gonna go get some plasti diP
Old 06-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #12
Remster is on a distinguished road
Name: Remi
Remster's Tacoma Gallery
hub cap

yeah bud i have the same and they are shit hubcaps. with shipping its close to 70 for 2 so kinda sucks to buy. Anyone have a pic of them painted black?
Old 06-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #13
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
No problems with mine... Been having them on my truck for a 11 months now.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #14
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
No problems with mine... Been having them on my truck for a 11 months now.
How much snow/salt/sand mix does your truck see?
Old 08-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #15
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
i want to paint mine black too. Thats too much chrome for me but i love em.