Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Best All Terrain Tires for a cheap man?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?
tmcmanus7 is just really nicetmcmanus7 is just really nicetmcmanus7 is just really nicetmcmanus7 is just really nicetmcmanus7 is just really nice

Name: Tyler
tmcmanus7's Tacoma Gallery
Best All Terrain Tires for a cheap man?

Lets hear it
Old 03-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Tires aren't a place to skimp out on your truck, think of it this way, tires carry your investment each and every day. Go bfg all terrains awesome tire, last longer then the most and does outstanding offroad and in snow.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Go general grabber at2. Much cheaper then bfg. About 20 less. I got all for for 640 at tirerack. Just the same tire as bfg if not better.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
Whaaat?
Jay W. is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Vounteer Fireman: Walker McElmoyle #16
Name: Jay
Jay W.'s Tacoma Gallery
x2 on the General A/T2's. I love the set I'm running right now.. they do everything my BFGs did, but a heck of a lot cheaper!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
'02TRD will become famous soon enough

Name: Jason
'02TRD's Tacoma Gallery
shop craigslist for a used set. check a couple times a day and watch prices/tread percentages. cash talks, if you want an inexpensive set of tires, craigslist is a good way to go make an offer, the worst someone can say is no. IMO tires are not something id buy used but if you be sure to check them out, tread wear, hold air, etc etc you can get a good deal. if i were buying a used set id have them checked and mounted before delivering payment. good luck
Old 03-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Hankook Dynapro ATM's
X2, but not cheap... I would say average... Great great tire so far on my truck.

Grabber AT2 were priced much higher, about the same as BFG TAs.

A truly 'cheap' AT tire is the Pep Boys Destiny Dakota. I ran them on my '01... They were called Futura Dakotas then... Good tire as far as general use, and quiet on the highway... lasted about 25,000 miles... the same as BFG Rugged Trails (which are junk after 15,000 miles).
Old 03-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #9
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
Good, reasonable, great all around A/T tires are Yokohama Geolander AT/S. Nice quiet highway ride, handles great in rain, icy, and snowy conditions. Handles light offroading very well. wish I had em on my truck instead of the BFG A/Ts I currently have. While these last forever because of the harder compound, they don't ride as nice and actually seem to break loose easier on the pavement.
I think someone here mentioned buying on Craigslist. That's not a bad option if you are looking to save some bucks for a better project.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:42 AM   #10
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Cheap? You could go with these: http://www.treadwright.com/
Old 03-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #11
DonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Boatswain's Mate
Name: Don
DonL's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook DynaPro ATm
Old 03-18-2011, 06:31 AM   #12
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Cheap? You could go with these: http://www.treadwright.com/
Dang, those are cheap $117 for a 285/70/17 .anyone running these?
Old 03-18-2011, 06:34 AM   #13
musty40 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alan
musty40's Tacoma Gallery
Seems those that have gone the Treadwright route have been very happy.

I went new, they ^ don't offer a 255/85/16.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:35 AM   #14
The Messiah
90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
90YotaPU's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro ATM's in P Rating. Love them and they've been offroad three times in 5k miles and no problems.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #15
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
Retreads for 117 vs Falken Rocky Mountain ATS... ATS is $187 per, but have both a $40 rebate ($10 per tire) on a set, and a $50 rebate ($12.50 per) thru their Credit card, and 6 months no intrest.... To me, that's a much better route to go...
Old 03-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #16
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
I have that size in the MT's. No complaints and they look good.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #17
krumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jon
krumble's Tacoma Gallery
I have the rocky mountain tires from America tires with the warranty. So far I love the tires for the price
Old 03-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #18
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the bfg retreads and I have zero complaints so far! They run just like the original bfg tires! I kno there are folks on here that don't care for the re treads but IMO if they were blowig out like everyone mentions they'd be out of business a long time ago. Customers make or break companies. So if they had a bad product, u know we would sit ad watch'em burn to the ground. Just my opinion.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:18 AM   #19
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
If your really cheap , but still a good tire check out the Falken WildPeak
These may be hard to get right now. I tried getting Falkens for my daughter's Jeep a few months ago and they on "international back order" for about 4 months. With the disaster that is going on in Japan right now, I don't think that time frame will be getting any better any time soon.

As a matter of fact, any product exported from Japan is probably going to be a lot more difficult to find for the next few months.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:28 AM   #20
UCKYUK is on a distinguished road

UCKYUK's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought a set of Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S's.....$116 each on tire rack - my local shop matched that price (plus the shipping charge). Mounted/balanced and out the door for $638. Only been a couple of days, but so far I'm really impressed by the ride. My buddy put them on his Tundra last fall and couldn't recommend them enough.