Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Rims without spacers?

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
bullock is on a distinguished road
bullock's Tacoma Gallery
Rims without spacers?

I just got 285/70/17 terra grapplers on my 2011. The tires rub on the upper A-arm, so I'm looking for rims with an offset to fix this. I can find rims with a different offset but the are all wider so over all it only gives me a few millimeters more clearance and I looking for about an inch more clearance from the upper A-arm. Anyone know of any rims that work or are spacers and must? thanks in advance.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
crawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the rough

crawldad's Tacoma Gallery
Most say a 8" wheel with a 4.50 backspacing / 0 offset will work. I just ordered this wheel which has a 4.00 backspace / -12 offset. It will get your tire away from the control arm but you might have to trim elsewhere.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...2FBlack+Accent
Old 03-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullock View Post
I just got 285/70/17 terra grapplers on my 2011. The tires rub on the upper A-arm, so I'm looking for rims with an offset to fix this. I can find rims with a different offset but the are all wider so over all it only gives me a few millimeters more clearance and I looking for about an inch more clearance from the upper A-arm. Anyone know of any rims that work or are spacers and must? thanks in advance.
Backspacing is what is important, not offset.

Wheels of the same offset can give you more or less clearance depending on their width.

what is the current backspacing of your rims. If they are stock , they will be 5.5"....4.5" backspacing will cure most of your rubbing.

Products Discussed in this Thread