1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BFGs a/t...Falken Wild Peak A/T ... Nitto Terra Grappler A/T.. which one??

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by blueNCtaco, Mar 15, 2011.

?

berrer a/t tires?

Poll closed May 16, 2011.
  1. BFGs a/t ko

56 vote(s)
    56.0%
  2. nitto terra grappler a/t

28 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. falken wild peak a/t

16 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. May 12, 2011 at 7:33 AM
    UTTaco93

UTTaco93 Alright Alright Alright!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Roy
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    2004 Red TRD DC
    Cold Air, OME 882 Springs Upfront, Dakar Rear Leaf, Billy's all the way around, Trail Gear Low Profile front bumper, CBI Outback rear bumper, Smitty Bilt 9500, GoodYear Duratrac 285/75/16, Demello sliders

I had same problem but went with Falken... They are sure fun out in the mud and I haven't had any problems....I only get asked "man those tires look nice"... :cool:

[​IMG]

2. May 12, 2011 at 7:39 AM
    mountainprimat2

mountainprimat2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefan
    Proctorsville, VT
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Off-Road 6spd man
    Eibach Pro 2.5 CoilOvers(Front), Icon RXT 2.5 (Rears), Toytec Bumps, ICON RXT Multi-Rate Leaf Spring, Icon UCAs, Toytec Carrier Bearing drop, Toytec Front Diff drop, 33inch BFG KO2s on 17'' American Racing Wheels, TRD Cat-Back Exhaust, TRD CAI, Grillcraft Grilles(U/L), MOT's Badge Grille Mod (Red), Black Bed Lined Rear Bumper, Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares, OEM Roof Rack, Husky Floor Liners, TRD 6spd Shifter Knob, Cobra CB w/ Firestick II, Interior LED Map(RED)/Dome(WHITE) Lights, LED Licence Plate Lights, LED Amber Fogs, Plasti Dip Badges, Trailer Harness Relocate, Thule Tail Gate Pad + Bed Rack, LEER Bed Cap
    General Grabber AT's

3. May 12, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    UTTaco93

UTTaco93 Alright Alright Alright!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Roy
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    2004 Red TRD DC
    Cold Air, OME 882 Springs Upfront, Dakar Rear Leaf, Billy's all the way around, Trail Gear Low Profile front bumper, CBI Outback rear bumper, Smitty Bilt 9500, GoodYear Duratrac 285/75/16, Demello sliders
    Note I had BFG before and the Falkens are much better..... from how they have been handling.

4. May 12, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    DanglingFury

DanglingFury Creeper

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Bowling Green, KY/Lake Cumberland, KY
    Vehicle:
    2006 4Runner 4x4
    Daystar 2.5"/1" lift-level BFGoodrich KO2's
    those nittos look like they would be pretty good in the snow. can anyone confirm my suspicions?

5. May 15, 2011 at 7:01 AM
    TacoGK

TacoGK Making changes is always fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC trd offroad sr5 debadged
    20% tint JLAudio amp and 12" sub, custom fiberglass tool box, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Anytime Fog light mod, Anytime rearview camera, Leveling kit, Rear spring TSB, Moto Metal MO957 Black, 285/70/17 BFG AT KO, DTRL Stealth mod, Anytime locker mod, Constant power mod.
    :confused:????????????????:confused:

Sounds like to me you need someone else to mount and balance them for you. If the tire shop cant get one to balance properly they should get you a new tire. A few tricks to balance one is to break it back down and spin it 180 degrees on the rim and that will some times remidy the balance issue. I used to buy the 900/16 power kings bias ply tires and the tire shop would order me 6 tires. we would mount and dismount them until we got 4 tires that would balance out. Thet would send the other 2 back. I ran them during hunting season when we ran dogs so I could get through what ever mud, fire trails, ditchs, etc....

I have never had a problem with the BFG AT T/A KO's and I have bought 5 sets over the years. As far as wear goes if you keep the tires properly inflated, rotated, balanced, front end aligned and dont drive over things on purpose that can damage the tires you should get great life out of these tires and a lot of others also.

Here is a pic of the old 900/16 power kings
    [​IMG]

6. May 15, 2011 at 9:26 AM
    ckblum

ckblum Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Chilliwack, BC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Bilsteins, Light Racing UCA's, Alcan's, Kragen HID's
    There's newer tires out there that are more technologically advanced. Just from my experience at a tire shop the BFG's were by far the worst balancing tire I've ever done. I never said I couldn't balance them, but compared to the Nitto's, Falken's, Wild Country's, Michelin's, Toyo's, General's and Cooper's, the BFG's balanced usually 3-4 times the amount of weight, that's after I spun the tires and found the heavy spots.

And as for the Nitto's in snow, they rock! And they don't even have a mountain snowflake! Knew a guy who had them on his Titan and loved them when we got our dump of snow up here. Better than the BFG's which have the mountain snowflake in some sizes.

7. May 15, 2011 at 6:20 PM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    2 sets of TGs and they've been very good and yes good in snow as well

Products Discussed in

To Top