Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BFGs a/t...Falken Wild Peak A/T ... Nitto Terra Grappler A/T.. which one??

View Poll Results: berrer a/t tires?
BFGs a/t ko 56 56.00%
nitto terra grappler a/t 28 28.00%
falken wild peak a/t 16 16.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
blueNCtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: patrick
blueNCtaco's Tacoma Gallery
BFGs a/t...Falken Wild Peak A/T ... Nitto Terra Grappler A/T.. which one??

I need help picking tires. I like to play in the mud on weekend and this summer I plan to ride on the beach. But I also going put alot of road miles on them so I going to need some that will last and have good gas mileage.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

Name: Joey
StatutoryAPE's Tacoma Gallery
i have the falkens. i like them alot i drive 30 miles one to work and these tires are very quiet. the price wasn't bad either. i think i paid 140 a tire
Old 03-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Why just those three?
Old 03-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
Because Goodyears suck
Old 03-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm trying to make this same tire decision too. I'm in the market for new tires and was torn between BFG a/t's and the Nittos (I have a set of those now). I've heard the Nittos last a long time, but the BFG's look more aggressive. Can we get some more pics of them on the truck to help with the decision too???
Old 03-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #7
Rad Red Prerunner
eccracer104 has a spectacular aura abouteccracer104 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mike
eccracer104's Tacoma Gallery
Just wore out my Nitto TGs, about 35-40K and they were trashed at that point. Drove pretty aggressive with them. Now I have the BFG ATs and like them far more, and get better MPGs.
On and off road the BFGs seem to be better
Old 03-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #8
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Just went through a month descision between the falken WP's/Nitto TG's/General AT2's... Finally went with the Nittos but the WP's were my next choice.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
BFG is the only one i'd run of these 3...I ran the NTGs and they only lasted me 26k miles...
Old 03-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #10
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I'm about to break down and buy some D-range Nittos. I'm tired of waiting for Hankooks to become available again.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #11
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
I'd check and see if you can actually get the Falkens. I tried getting some for my daughter's Jeep a few months ago and they were on "International Backorder" with no expected due date. I know that may been just for the size I was looking for, but you never know.....
Old 03-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #12
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
I'd check and see if you can actually get the Falkens. I tried getting some for my daughter's Jeep a few months ago and they were on "International Backorder" with no expected due date. I know that may been just for the size I was looking for, but you never know.....
try looking for the rocky mountains, same thing, diff name. check out www.onlinetires.com. im going with the falken myslef when i upgrade. i dont like the fact that my bfg a/ts suck balls in the rain.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #13
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott572011 View Post
im running the BFG-ALL-TERRAIN T/A ko`s. great traction and handling on-and off road. the "aired-down" traction steering control in dirt, mud and sand is killer!!!!.
x10

go with the proven... very solid all around tire. esp if you're going to be airing down.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #15
Eh?
Dibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shedDibblit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Dibblit's Tacoma Gallery
Hankooks are a good tire
Old 04-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #16
blueNCtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: patrick
blueNCtaco's Tacoma Gallery
tires

thanks guys I think im gonna go with the nittos first just because of the price then Il prob get the BFGs latter down the road.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #17
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't read any of the other posts. I voted for the bfgs. The rest are garbage. That is all. Have nice day
Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #18
Cvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Cory
Cvd2312's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook DynaPro's are better than all of those tires. And less expensive.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #19
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cam
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
All these BFG fanboys!! Jk, I've ran them quite a few times, mostly in 31's and 32's. I don't mind but I would for sure not call them the best. Heavy tires, balance like garbage and have a tendancy to separate early. I would like to try to Falken's, I like Hankooks and had a buddy who loved the Nitto's. I used to work at a tire shop, I would've gone with the Falken Wild Peaks because I could get them ridiculously cheap through work. I think my next set of tires will be a set of Cooper STT's though. My buddy ran them on his truck and he loved them in everything but pack snow on the road.

Don't expect a cushy ride with BFG's, but the traction is decent. I found they were louder than the STT's, both were on similar trucks at the same time and I rode in each on the same day. The BFG's are also like 40+ year old technology. I mean they are always a safe bet but I'm sure there are better, more advanced tires available today.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #20
itsjoe is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
itsjoe's Tacoma Gallery
ya bfg all terrains are no-where near what there cracked up to be imo, and they are a beast to balance