Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Spidertrax on aftermarket rims??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
ikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud of

Marines: 3rd Force Reconnaissance Company
Name: Andrew
ikillterrorists's Tacoma Gallery
Spidertrax on aftermarket rims??

So I've had aftermarket rims for a while, I think they're 8" wide with 4.5" backspace. The tires (285/75/16) barely stick out, I wish they did a little bit more. Would it be okay to put spacers on??
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Some say dont some say its fine. I running spacers now and its wider and looks more aggresive, its safe, and handles better. The guy i bought my wheels off ran spacers said he put some good abuse on them and they can take the beating. Just make sure they are tightened correctly and checked often. And buy Spidertrax spacers and you should be good.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
Tacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
Tacomadude89's Tacoma Gallery
On the box of Spidertrax spacers it states "for offroad use only".

In my mind if they can handle the abuse offroad, then they can certainly handle being used on the road.

I have Spidertrax spacers on my truck with aftermarket rims and have no problems what so ever.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:38 AM   #4
ikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud of

Thanks!
I just figured that since the majority of the opinion and experience is positive for spacers on stock rims, there shouldn't be that great of a difference running them on aftermarket rims either.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:45 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Pushing the wheels out further might actually make you rub a bit more on the outer edge of the tire, but you can give it a try. There is such a thing as too little backspacing.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:51 AM   #6

Oh good point...yeah it probably will, now that I'm thinking about it. That's okay, will just have to trim a little more.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #7

Hmm, wonder if I will have to trim in the back too though. Didn't have to do that before (have a 3" lift).
Old 04-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #8

Put them on today, had to do some major trimming. Looks awesome obviously, hopefully will stay safe...
Old 04-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
BUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt
BUB_IROC_Z's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Spidertrax spacers on my aftermarket wheels and it looks great. The only real downside is that dirt and or water sprays all over the side of your truck from the road. Other then trying to keep the truck clean there is no real downside from what I have found.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #11
BUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUB_IROC_Z is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KILL!!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #12
JeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to all

JeenyusSB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikillterrorists View Post
yut
Post up some shots. I'm planning on getting 4.5 backspaced 8 inch wheels and i already have the spacers. You are the man im looking for.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #13
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomadude89 View Post
On the box of Spidertrax spacers it states "for offroad use only".

In my mind if they can handle the abuse offroad, then they can certainly handle being used on the road.

I have Spidertrax spacers on my truck with aftermarket rims and have no problems what so ever.

i read somewhere that the only reason they say that is because certain states dont allow wheel spacers on the road, so some sort of liability. i have run mine for over a year and they are just like new.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #14

Okay will put up pictures soon, either tomorrow or thursday when the weather clears up.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #16

Thats some good shit right there. Ill have to get a few pics of my wheels sticking out on here too.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #17
JeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to allJeenyusSB is a name known to all

Thanks a lot for posting pictures man. I like it. I think I may use my spacers on the 4.5 BS wheels. Looks gooood.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:44 PM   #18

Sure thing, I think you should really just get wheels with even less backspace though, and skip the spacers. That's what I wish I did, but too late, bought the wheels first haha.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #19

That's the thing. I already am running the spacers on the stock wheels and I have my eye set on the procomp 7089. I see the procomp 8069 with 4" BS but i like the 7089 better. Do you think its just to much sticking out or just a waste to buy the spidertrax seperate?
Old 04-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #20
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikillterrorists View Post
So I've had aftermarket rims for a while, I think they're 8" wide with 4.5" backspace. The tires (285/75/16) barely stick out, I wish they did a little bit more. Would it be okay to put spacers on??
i did it to mine, they are 9" wide, and it made them rub terribly!