LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire weight. What am i looking for?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Question Tire weight. What am i looking for?

I am currently looking at some tire options for the Toyo Open Country M/T's.
Im want the 285's but im not sure how wide i should go. I know the weight of the tire is going to be a factor. So my choices are: 11.6" wide for 68.3 lbs or 11.1 for 60.6 lbs. I know those 8 lbs on each tire is going to make a difference. Any thoughts?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
fishnhunt is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
fishnhunt's Tacoma Gallery
I run Toyo open country Mud Terrains, they weigh about twice as much as a stock tire...but they sure do work magic in the mud...good luck I would stay go with the 11.1

cheers
Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Say goodbye to your Gas. With all the uprising in the Middle East, the gas prices are only going to get higher. You'll be paying for it everytime you filll up the tank. Just a thought.