Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New Rims

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trey
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
New Rims

Im planing on getting XD Rockstar Rims 20's but i was wondering if having a leveling kit would be enough for the tires not rub or mess anything my with truck?
Old 03-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG8 View Post
Im planing on getting XD Rockstar Rims 20's but i was wondering if having a leveling kit would be enough for the tires not rub or mess anything my with truck?
That's highly dependant on the tire size you want......

Also you have combined three of my least favorite things (spacer kits, rockstars, and 20's) all into one, but it's your truck so pay no mind to me.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
hhahaahah

i was thinking 35's
Old 03-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hhahaahah

i was thinking 35's

Get ready to spend a couple of grand on a 6" drop bracket lift

You can fit 32's on stock suspension and 33's with a 3" lift.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
lol to keep it short, no. a spacer lift wont clear 35s.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #6
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
haha!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
hate life well i guess the 6in suspension must go on
Old 03-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pretty much the worst kind of lift out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camburg
We get asked this question all the time. “Why are most spacer lifts be bad”? Well spacer lifts can cause a few problems and cost you big dollars to fix. First there are a few different kinds of spacer lifts, there is the kind that just bolts on the top of the existing shock that spaces it down to give lift. The problem that can come from running this kind of spacer is the shock will now be allowed to droop to far downward causing binding and damage to ball joints, 4×4 axle cv’s, and steering joints. The other issue you might have is since the shock is now just pushed down when you bottom out the suspension on or off-road instead of hitting the bumpstops you will just bottom out the shock. This can lead to some hefty damage. The next kind of spacer lift available are the preload spacers. These will usually cause the coil springs to be preloaded to give lift. The side effect to this type of lift is the shock valving is not designed for the extra preload of the spring giving the ride a bad bouncy feel that sometimes feels uncontrolled. And in some cases we have seen the spring coilbind causing damage to the shock and the frame. This is because the spring is designed to move about 1/2 its total length so when you pre-load them they are now compressed to much so near bottom out they will bind before you hit the bumpstops.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #11
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
got must the off road store in my city must suck a$$
Old 03-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #12
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Recommended tire size with that is 265/75... id steer clear of spacers, IMO. Your gonna have a real hard time stuffing 35's with just 3in of lift
Old 03-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
Recommended tire size with that is 265/75... id steer clear of spacers, IMO. Your gonna have a real hard time stuffing 35's with just 3in of lift

265/75/20?! Those are actually 35's, if they were to exist....
Old 03-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #14
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
i really want my taco to look mean but if it means to keep it simple to save money i guess saving a lot of money in my pocket will do
Old 03-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #15
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i really want my taco to look mean but if it means to keep it simple to save money i guess saving a lot of money in my pocket will do
If you want it to look mean, I would recommend a 3" suspension lift (a real suspension lift like OME shocks and springs...no spacers!), 16" wheels, and 285/75/16's, which are 33's.

If I saw a tacoma with a 6" lift and 20" rockstars, the first thing I would think is MALL CRAWLER!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #16
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
spacers suck! try these: http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html

set billys at i think second gens have 1.75? setting

and: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

coils give 1.6" lift
three inch SUSPENSION lift! thats a bomb set up! then clear 33's and rockstars
correct me on the billy settings if i'm wrong
Old 03-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #17
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuket View Post
spacers suck! try these: http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html

set billys at i think second gens have 1.75? setting

and: http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

coils give 1.6" lift
three inch SUSPENSION lift! thats a bomb set up! then clear 33's and rockstars
correct me on the billy settings if i'm wrong
You can't set the billy's above 0.85" with the eibach 1.6" springs.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #18
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
You would be real surprised at how much just a wider more aggressive tire will make the truck look meaner. If you dont offroad much a spacer would get your more height but your ride quality will sacrifice.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #19
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW745...eature=related

my ideal truck but a 2011 year

im already running 17' rims going smaller would be good i got the sport thats whyy
Old 03-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #20
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You can't set the billy's above 0.85" with the eibach 1.6" springs.
sorry