Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Anyone know anything about these tires...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know anything about these tires...

Yokohama Geolander ATS

Is this a good price : $149.95 each
Old 09-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i have a buddy who runs them on his jeep wrangler. he likes them pretty good, but he has said here recently that the traction off road is ok until you get into some mud, then he says they dont clean out too good. but they are an a/t tire...not a mud tire, so thats to be expected.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:20 AM   #3
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well should i spend the extra money and get a BFG or a Nitto A/T.. the only reason i wouldnt go for a Mud terrian is i hear they dont wear too well on the road
Old 09-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Ahaszard is on a distinguished road
Army: MSG Retired
Ahaszard's Tacoma Gallery
I have not had a set of Yokohamas but I have had many set of BFG AT's. BFG is a very good off road tire. Grips well in rocks, gravel, sand but not great in mud. The load up fast and do not clean out at all. They are good on highway and last a very long time. When my BFG Rugged Trails wear out I will replace with BFT AT's.

I see you are in the AF. I am retired Army and my brother is a retired AF C-5 pilot. Be careful and hurry home to your Taco!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i've got bfg mt's and i've had them on for about 10K miles on my 07 and about 3K on the 09 and they barely look worn. still has lots of tread left. i rotate them w/ evern oil change, so that helps even it all out. i also run 45psi in them as well
Old 09-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #6
Sticks For Troops

Hodge are you going to be at Pope come January.. your gonna have to come out to the house and let me check out your Taco..
Old 09-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'll still be in Fay...i'm about 1/2 mile south of bragg on reilly
Old 09-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #8
Sticks For Troops

Alright.. yea we are looking to move into Carolina Lakes 1/2 way to Sanford
Old 09-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #9
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
not a fan of yokohama truck tires... much better choices out there for the money
Old 09-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #10
Sticks For Troops

yea.. i was talking to a vendor about a Tire and wheel package.. and he replies with those shit tires.. and then says the wheels and tires have to be shipped seperatly .. then offers me Nittos and I would save about $2 a tire after shipping compaired to jsut going to Discount myself. I think ill just have them(Discount) get the wheels for me too
Old 09-17-2008, 12:58 PM   #11
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
go to discount, they will deal with you. there prices are far from firm. ive never been a fan of buying tires online, if you have any issues it becomes a headache rather then just swinging by where you got them for them to deal with it.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #12
Sticks For Troops

Oh i forgot to mention I worked at Discount for about 8 months before joining the AF.. so I know how things run..and they are the only people i will go to for Tires, unless im stationed where there is no Discount Tire.

I figured this guy being a Vendor off of one of the other Forum was actually gonna give me a deal.. but i guess the best they can do it beat out Discount by a $1